2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've seen a few outlets mention they were in SoCall this weekend for the phev test-drive, so my guess is in the next day or two we'll get some impressions/more details.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alex on Autos will be putting his review on YouTube tomorrow. The embargo is lifted on the PHEV on the 15th. We should hear a lot tomorrow including pricing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Reviews & Summaries

• Forbes has an article (can't post link, the forum won't let me).
  • Digital Trends.
  • Wired.
  • Detroit News.
  • Motor Trend.
  • CNet
Summary:
  • It seems like FCA has set themselves up a later. It's been touted/leaked that the price will be low to interfere with regular Pacificas cost point...but the price is "fair", however I wouldn't say low. Toyota released similar information about their Prime and indeed it beat expectations. The expectation was a little high here and ended up "meh, ok!" But at least it didn't go the other way!
  • Reviews only show 7-seaters, that turns me off, is there an 8 seat version?
  • The Hybrid system has no control which turns me off a bit. They said they wanted it to be simple, plug it in or not, it's a hybrid. Yet I want to be able to "stack" and save my EV especially on long trips...Not sure why FCA went this direction (or the supposed direction, that's what some reviewers are saying).
  • $41,995 is the base which again, if you live in some states and can earn the full tax credit of $7.5k could bring it down $10k.
  • Will Trump remove these tax credits to save Government money? Can he...?
  • Supposedly there will be a panoramic option...
  • Most reviewers are yielding 30+ EV, some 35! That's great news!
  • The car is only capable of so much torque before the gas engine comes on (ala Toyota's PiP). I'm betting it's a little bit stronger though...
  • Thoughts? I would buy if there's 8 seats...and the control/stack the EV part...I feel like that's a no brainer. FYI the price point puts it in line with the Highlander Hybrid, but the new Highlander Hybrid should be less anyway though I'm sure with incentives the Pacifica Hybrid should beat it...

·
Registered
45 Posts
From everything I've read - and is talked about in the videos below - there will only be the 7 passenger configuration with captain's chairs. Though both the chairs can be fully removed (like any other min-van) if you need to.

Here's the Alex on Autos extensive coverage:

And here's the Fast Lane Car coverage:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where are the 20" hybrid wheels? All of the auto shows had both the 18" and 20" wheels on the hybrid. The wheels were the same style, but different sizes. I saw no power folding and reclining 3rd row in the videos. There is no vacuum. I also saw no Harmon Cardon stereo in the videos.

·
Registered
305 Posts
That Alex on Autos review is fantastic! Easy to listen to and understand.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Can anyone confirm if any of the reviewers of the hybrid version mention any changes to Uconnnect for Pacifica Hybrid vs Standard Pacifica, for example Android Auto and Apple Carplay?

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Can anyone confirm if any of the reviewers of the hybrid version mention any changes to Uconnnect for Pacifica Hybrid vs Standard Pacifica, for example Android Auto and Apple Carplay?
There are extra screens in the Hybrid version, but I haven't seen any indication that they've moved to Uconnect Gen. 4, which is what will contain Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
RedneckRoyalty
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing