2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
I already have this 220v/50amp outlet available in my garage. What type of adapter(s) do I need if I want to use my OEM charger to get faster (L2?) charging speeds?
View attachment 46869
I responded in the other thread that you tagged me in. I'm pretty sure this is a generator plug that's on the outside of your house to divert power to a generator when you lose power.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
38 Posts
Yeah, that must be for input from a 220v generator. Get a multi-meter and make sure there isn't live 220v on those male prongs. If so that's super-dangerous and should be corrected.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I already have this 220v/50amp outlet available in my garage. What type of adapter(s) do I need if I want to use my OEM charger to get faster (L2?) charging speeds?
View attachment 46869
So you want to use the 110v charger that the van came with but you wanna try to put more amps through? Idk what you’d need to do that but I’ve seen some people rig some stuff up. My charger calls for the 14-50 plug which has 4 prongs. Oooo wait, is that a neutral or ground towards the bottom left of your plug? I just noticed it and haven’t seen one of those before. If the wire going to that plug has 4 wires, you could just swap out the plug and get an L2 charger. As long as the wire gauge is heavy enough.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
83 Posts
So you want to use the 110v charger that the van came with but you wanna try to put more amps through? Idk what you’d need to do that but I’ve seen some people rig some stuff up. My charger calls for the 14-50 plug which has 4 prongs. Oooo wait, is that a neutral or ground towards the bottom left of your plug? I just noticed it and haven’t seen one of those before. If the wire going to that plug has 4 wires, you could just swap out the plug and get an L2 charger. As long as the wire gauge is heavy enough.
I believe the OEM charger can do Level 2 charging but the US model is sold with the “regular” plug. But yes if you can find a way to connect the OEM charger to a 220v outlet it supports it.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
83 Posts
I responded in the other thread that you tagged me in. I'm pretty sure this is a generator plug that's on the outside of your house to divert power to a generator when you lose power.
You are right, this was indeed done for a generator in case of a power outage. Thank you for your prompt response!

Reactions: irpilot
21 - 25 of 25 Posts