2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of people have the Juicebox charger here, so maybe someone else has seen this issue. When I try to override the charging schedule to charge during the day, the charger trys to start charging (lights change, things click) but quickly goes back to waiting for schedule mode. The only way to get it to charge is to remove the schedule entirely, but then you have to manually reenter the desired charge times in the app again to re-enable it. I also have a chevy bolt and the override function works fine with that. Additionally I have a chargepoint home charger which works correctly for both cars. E-motorworks says that they have lots of people with the Pacifica and have not heard of this issue.

Has anyone else seen this behavior.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI i have been having the exact same issue! I even went back and forth with E motorworks and they sent me a new unit which did the same thing. I cannot do anything to fix this and its really annoying. They asked me to talk to chrysler who said there were no problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is definitely a miscommunication between the two companies. It seems like it is because Chrysler has a problem with time of use chargers where it shows an error on the center screen if the van is unable to charge. The fact that it works on my Chevy Bolt probably means the juicebox is fine. However charge point seems to be able to make it work, they probably have a more robust fault tolerant implementation of the charging protocol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just talked with Enel X yesterday about the same issue. If Time Of Day is activated then the car will not charge unless you deactivate it. Easy to do just click it off. My TOU was is between 12 and 6 AM and that schedule remains even it TOU is turned off. What I discovered today is that if you keep trying to start charging with TOU active and try it 4 or 5 times it seems to finally start to work. I just tried this today and it worked but of course who knows what tomorrow will bring. On another note it says in the owners manual that if you have a charging schedule set in the car that you can override it by plugging in the charger, unplugging it and then plugging it back it within 10 seconds. This feature seems to work sporadically. The best way of course is to tell it to charge outside of the schedule when the pop up menu first appears after you turn off the car but before you open the door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts