2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I live out in here in California. The plan for the state is to have zero-emission for all new cars by 2035. Might as well get a level 2 charger and make it future proof.

I already have a solar system installed and storage batteries (tesla powerwall2).

Anyway, I did a quick search and it seems like JuiceBox or ChargePoint are popular. I'm also considering Tesla (since i like their powerwall).

Surprisingly to me, Tesla is the cheapest of the 3. Has anyone gotten a Tesla home charger just to charge the Pachy and did you have any problems? I understand I would need to get an adapter. If it's not a good idea to get a Tesla home charger, is JuiceBox or ChargePoint better in terms of future proofing so I don't need to replace it for awhile?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate the advice.

·
Super Moderator
2,128 Posts
There are no indications that the basic standard will change any time soon. I wouldn't bother with the Tesla + adaptor combo unless Tesla is in the plans.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
136 Posts
I got the Juicebox, main reason was that it integrates with the Home Assistant domotic server, so I get nice stats in my home dashboard to geek over:

It's good-looking and pretty sturdy; it also has a bunch of smart features like scheduling, etc. I don't really like the cable, though, it's really stiff especially in cold weather. I've tried the Flo at a grocery store this weekend and the cable was much better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We just got a pulsar plus Wallbox and it’s awesome. Really simple, nice to look at, and the app is great. We move a lot, so we wanted something that would be easy to use daily (we have it wall mounted in our laundry room) but would also be easy to move to a future home(s).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We just got a pulsar plus Wallbox and it’s awesome. Really simple, nice to look at, and the app is great. We move a lot, so we wanted something that would be easy to use daily (we have it wall mounted in our laundry room) but would also be easy to move to a future home(s).
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked them up. They are more known in Europe and just released in the US in 2021. But the one review I read said they are up there with Juicebox and ChargePoint.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked them up. They are more known in Europe and just released in the US in 2021. But the one review I read said they are up there with Juicebox and ChargePoint.
Yes they are new to the US. We love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts