2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a used 2017 with P0073 and NOW it has u11e9, u110e, had it about a week and this happened and the non-Chrysler dealer doesn't want to help and the local Chrysler dealer says it wouldn't be covered under warranty anyways ( i have 43k on it), I ended up taking it to a local mechanic that replaced the sensor but issue is still there, temp on dash shows anywhere from 20 to -39 when its 60-70s out and the A?C wont come on.

Update: replaced the Ambient temp sensor and issues still exists, having to take it back the dealership and I will be without the Van trying to figure out how to get kids to and from school.. this is crazy for a newish vehicle with only 42k on it.

I am starting to think that this is a EC/BCM issue which SHOULD be covered under extended warranty.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Did you purchase an extended warranty for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
i just bought a used 2017 with P0073 and NOW it has u11e9, u110e, had it about a week and this happened and the non-Chrysler dealer doesn't want to help and the local Chrysler dealer says it wouldn't be covered under warranty anyways ( i have 43k on it), I ended up taking it to a local mechanic that replaced the sensor but issue is still there, temp on dash shows anywhere from 20 to -39 when its 60-70s out and the A?C wont come on.

Update: replaced the Ambient temp sensor and issues still exists, having to take it back the dealership and I will be without the Van trying to figure out how to get kids to and from school.. this is crazy for a newish vehicle with only 42k on it.

I am starting to think that this is a EC/BCM issue which SHOULD be covered under extended warranty.
There is a TSB (08-133-18) for some 2018 models having a similar issue. The TSB mentions codes P0073, P1D73, and U11E9. It says the cause is corrosion in a 12 pin connector located near the left front sidemarker (must remove front seven fasteners of fender liner for access).

I think it's a wiring issue because of the U11E9 code (Lost Communication With Active Grill Shutter).

You may have a wiring issue in a different location, but I think this would be a good place to start.

The warranty you purchased probably won't cover it, but it wouldn't hurt to check. It's probably through a third party not affiliated with Ford or Chrysler.

·
Registered
373 Posts
There is a TSB (08-133-18) for some 2018 models having a similar issue. The TSB mentions codes P0073, P1D73, and U11E9. It says the cause is corrosion in a 12 pin connector located near the left front sidemarker (must remove front seven fasteners of fender liner for access).

I think it's a wiring issue because of the U11E9 code (Lost Communication With Active Grill Shutter).

You may have a wiring issue in a different location, but I think this would be a good place to start.

The warranty you purchased probably won't cover it, but it wouldn't hurt to check. It's probably through a third party not affiliated with Ford or Chrysler.
I thought the active grill shutters were only on the hybrids - I’ve got a gaser and have no shutters

·
Registered
373 Posts

Did you buy this with a CEL? If so why?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts

This might be another option to check for repair. https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/520116-post30.html
They replaced the ambient sensors(in and out) with no luck. Turns out there was a harness running along the grill that was allowing air/water to get forced into it causing sensor issues. They replaced and rerouted it and it has been fixed for now.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Look again. :)

According to the dealer's brochure, ALL Pacificas have active grille shutters. Ours is a gas model and definitely has it.
I looked extensively for over 30 minutes one day :nerd: - I have the tow package maybe that has something to do with it? I even got flashlight and mirror and I found nothing that even slightly resembled shutters.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I looked extensively for over 30 minutes one day :nerd: - I have the tow package maybe that has something to do with it? I even got flashlight and mirror and I found nothing that even slightly resembled shutters.
The tow package does include a heavy duty (presumably larger) radiator, so it seems plausible that the AGS needed to be removed to make room.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ill let you guys know what the dealer says this week. in the mean time it thinks the air temp is anywhere from 120F to -10F, it looks like the AC wont come on when it thinks the outside air is 40 or below. We are going down south next week so i hope to get this taken care of before then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok week later update.. they found a wiring harness "behind the fender" that was corroded, the had to replace it and so far so good, only once the last week was the temp off and only about 8 degrees, we have put about 400 miles one since then (drove out of town). so hopefully that is what was the issue, my extended warranty (non-fca) took care of most of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts