2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just bought a used 2018 limited Pacifica with 7000 miles on it. So for I love the space, and convenience of the car. We have 4 kids so space in between in great. Unfortunately the car was missing the charge cord and we are waiting to get that. So I have only charged a couple times in the week and a half we have had the car. I am a busy mom but also drive a bit for my job. So once the charge runs out after about 25 miles then it is down to 0 for the rest of the day. It may get a 1% here or there. To be able to get better mileage I am assuming people are charging multiple times a day if they drive a lot? Any tips are greatly appreciated. I saw in another thread there is an app to use to see where your using the most power at? Thanks in advance for any advice. Loving it so far just want to be more efficient.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The vehicle is a True HEV and plugging in is not required. But its biggest feature is the 30mi electric only range.

Otherwise its like a giant Prius.. and theres nothing wrong with that. Especially where gas is like $2.60/ gallon.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I tho k your missing the point , a level 2 charger is the o my way to go and buying the ehybrid to not utilize the electric plug in is just rather foolish . Use it for what it’s purpose was . People athimk they cal only get 30 ish miles or 55 Kim’s out of charge are not I getting it . If you adapt your driving ha it’s and use the regenerative braking system you can get way more than you think , just saying .

·
Registered
573 Posts
Level 1 overnight is fine too depending on your driving habits. Sucks that it didn't come with it. The good news is once it's charged is a completely different vehicle, in a great way, which is something to look forward to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So we just bought a used 2018 limited Pacifica with 7000 miles on it. So for I love the space, and convenience of the car. We have 4 kids so space in between in great. Unfortunately the car was missing the charge cord and we are waiting to get that. So I have only charged a couple times in the week and a half we have had the car. I am a busy mom but also drive a bit for my job. So once the charge runs out after about 25 miles then it is down to 0 for the rest of the day. It may get a 1% here or there. To be able to get better mileage I am assuming people are charging multiple times a day if they drive a lot? Any tips are greatly appreciated. I saw in another thread there is an app to use to see where your using the most power at? Thanks in advance for any advice. Loving it so far just want to be more efficient.
Your local dealership should be able to order you the OEM charge cable. You could also look at a generic cord from Amazon or something similar. This would be good for on the go charging when you have access to a normal wall outlet.

As others have mentioned, I would look at getting a level 2 charger for your garage/home. That way you can charge faster at home, and top the battery off quickly after work in preparation for a longer trip. Let us know if you have any additional questions. Happy to help! Enjoy the new ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts