2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I have it done?? It seems that there are still problems. I almost never charge the battery; I run hybrid mode mostly. No known problems with car and I don't want any!

Pete

·
Registered
42 Posts
Should I have it done?? It seems that there are still problems. I almost never charge the battery; I run hybrid mode mostly. No known problems with car and I don't want any!

Pete

The recall sounds serious.
I seem to have no recalls on my car. This means the fix has been applied before it shipped. I wouldn’t be afraid of having it installed. My car has had no issues, except a weird thing that Chrysler said is normal, which doesn’t present any problem.

So far so good, my PacHy is Practically perfect like Mary Poppins.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Pete
I don't have a hybrid, but it seems like there was a problem with the U73 recall on the hybrids and a different recall might have been issued to fix problems that arose. So if you take the van in to the dealer and they say there is a newer recall U94 for a similar issue don't be surprised. There was also a U87 recall on some 2018 Pacificas. If you put your VIN in the Mopar website there should be a place to find out current recalls for your van.

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/482-chrysler-pacifica-minivan-recalls/41475-recall-improper-engine-restart-may-cause-stall-fire.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/433-2017-chrysler-pacifica-phev-hybrid-general-discussion/39764-u73-cruise-control-update-hybrids-might-cause-catalytic-converter-problems.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/482-chrysler-pacifica-minivan-recalls/39774-recall-u87-voltage-regulator-may-fail-cause-stall.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it might help others assist you.
Maybe @AZBean or @m0ebius604 can make suggestions regarding hybrid recalls.

You can also private message @ChryslerCares by clicking on the red letters of @ChryslerCares.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes, get it done. The issues with this recall have been corrected and as far as anyone is aware there are no problems associated with it anymore, apart from the battery cooling fan running more frequently and loudly during level 2 charging than before. The U94 recall will not be required, that is only for correcting the issues caused by the early, faulty version of U73.

·
Registered
580 Posts
What @arteitle said is correct. In addition, the estimated mileage on the dashboard after a full charge will change from around 38 miles to 34 miles. The actual mileage you get won't change, just the estimate. If either that or the issue of the battery cooling running frequently and loudly during level 2 charging will bother you then I don't see any strong reason to do this recall. The recall is supposed to fix a very rare problem with the cruise control, but actually they changed some other non-advertised stuff too. Of course if you ever take it in for service the dealer will insist on doing the recall.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was very reluctant to have it done on my hybrid, and wasn't planning to do it. However, I had to take the van to the dealer a couple of weeks ago because of a problem with the driver's side LED parking light strip. They reminded me that it had a recall pending, and they told me they hadn't heard of any problems after doing the recall on their customers' vans. I had it done, and haven't had any problems. There is no fan noise when I do level 2 charging, either. My range is down from 34 to about 30 on the display, but that happened well before the recall work was done. It happened as soon as the weather started getting colder. I'm just glad I didn't get the recall done when it was first available!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts