2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The custom order page for the Pacifica doesn't give a list of options. You pick a version (Touring L vs Limited for me), drivetrain and color, and are told that someone will contact you to make final selections.
This AWD Touring L will be replacing my Ford E350 Econoline van and a Subaru Crosstrek. I'm recently retired and basically play a lot, and I love road trips. In addition to being my daily driver I will be using it to haul my 14' Kayaks, bikes, possibly lightweight trailers, and in the winter I'll be going back and forth from the Bay Area to Tahoe for weekly ski trips plus occasional adventure and ski trips further afield, we ski a lot. Most of the year it will operate with the seats stowed hauling my model aircraft around, big model aircraft! Don't laugh but the Pacifica is very popular with dedicated modelers. They low height of the bed, smooth floor, and easy access from all around is really significant. I'll be the fourth guy to own one at my local flying field.
Anyway, I know I want AWD, the towing package, and a cargo floor cover. I want the factory roof rack but I still expect I'll have to add longer cross bars for my two kayaks, the cross bars have to be a minimum of 5' wide for the straps. But what other "options" should I consider? Maybe there's nothing, or something I don't know about? Or maybe something I'll wish I had later. I know I don't care about things like the 360 degree camera (at the price for that package), or family entertainment stuff. There will rarely be anyone in the back.
I hope I'm not asking too much!

·
Registered
618 Posts
No doubt the Limited model would add to your cost, but with all the toys you will be loading and unloading the hands free door opening might be much appreciated over the years. You also will want to remember that there is a small round button under the rear hatch handle that will lock all doors and no need to get your key fob out with your hands full of model airplanes.

Reactions: husafreak

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Hands free with sensors located underneath hatch and rear doors . And uconnect theatre family group adds a lot of little things to vehicle like aux power outlet , stow n vac , pass power seat , alpine 13 spkrs , nav , voice command and blue tooth , keysense , fan cam , 220 alternator ,

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
And just cross your fingers your actually going to get it as opposed to being removed and delegated to a 23 model year model . With part shortages, plant downtime , etc , the model year run keeps becoming shorter and shorter .

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Hello, @husafreak

First, congratulations on your new vehicle order! If you would like to at any point check your order status throughout the vehicle process you can do so by reached out to our team via private message or by utilizing our new 'order tracking' tool here: Chrysler Vehicle Order Tracking

We understand how exciting the anticipation can be waiting for your vehicle order so we're here to help!

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did find out during yesterday’s ordering process that depending on what “package” you choose options can be limited to non existent. For instance the tow package is not available in the Touring L, only the Limited. So I will have to install (or have one installed) myself. No biggy really, I installed trailer hitches on a pickup, van, and Subaru over the years, and I’ll save $, but seems crazy. For me this is a utility vehicle, why should I have to buy a Family Theater package to be able to add a trailer hitch? Honestly don’t get that but I’ll try to cheer myself up with all the money I save ;)
So let the waiting begin, I am excited!

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
841 Posts
Worth noting a factory hitch is rated for 3,600 lbs. while after market is only rated for 1,500 lbs.
Also I believe 360 cameras also bring in adaptive cruse control and auto parking. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
290 Posts
Congrats. Make sure that you understand what is involved in adding wider crossbars. Chrysler hasn't made it easy - there is a recent thread covering this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh absolutely, you get a lot of things (for roughly) 9K more! I would love to go big here but until I found out about the Pacifica’s amazing cargo carrying capabilities I was looking for a used Sprinter (or equivalent) cargo van. I don’t want to get too carried away here with expenses.
Thanks for pointing out the differing weight restrictions, I don’t expect to ever pull anything heavy, no boats or campers, just a lightly loaded 6x8 or pop up, a motorcycle or kayak trailer, stuff like that.
Cheers!

·
Registered
39 Posts
The custom order page for the Pacifica doesn't give a list of options. You pick a version (Touring L vs Limited for me), drivetrain and color, and are told that someone will contact you to make final selections.
This AWD Touring L will be replacing my Ford E350 Econoline van and a Subaru Crosstrek. I'm recently retired and basically play a lot, and I love road trips. In addition to being my daily driver I will be using it to haul my 14' Kayaks, bikes, possibly lightweight trailers, and in the winter I'll be going back and forth from the Bay Area to Tahoe for weekly ski trips plus occasional adventure and ski trips further afield, we ski a lot. Most of the year it will operate with the seats stowed hauling my model aircraft around, big model aircraft! Don't laugh but the Pacifica is very popular with dedicated modelers. They low height of the bed, smooth floor, and easy access from all around is really significant. I'll be the fourth guy to own one at my local flying field.
Anyway, I know I want AWD, the towing package, and a cargo floor cover. I want the factory roof rack but I still expect I'll have to add longer cross bars for my two kayaks, the cross bars have to be a minimum of 5' wide for the straps. But what other "options" should I consider? Maybe there's nothing, or something I don't know about? Or maybe something I'll wish I had later. I know I don't care about things like the 360 degree camera (at the price for that package), or family entertainment stuff. There will rarely be anyone in the back.
I hope I'm not asking too much!
Mine has crossbars built into the siderails that hinge across into place. I was able to carry s Huge extension ladder way bigger than a kayak so you may be ok there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, the problem is two kayaks go side by side, each 23” wide. One kayak would be no problem. I am probably going to just bolt my 5’ aero bars to the factory folding bars. Easy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That sounds great to me. I was watching You Tube videos tonight and after a while I’m wondering what the heck is an “S” package? I looked it up and immediately fired off a request to my salesman asking if he can add it to my order! I chose the ceramic grey at it is a nice looking combination IMHO.
This is the kind of thing that made me start this thread. I feel like my salesman, while nice, has no skills at all. Like this is the first Pacifica he has ever sold. He never mentioned the S appearance package so I didn’t even know it existed.
I may not want a family entertainment package that I would never use but I’ll pay for this ;)

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring AWD Velvet Red "S"
319 Posts
Mine is "just" a Touring. Not even an "L". I didn't want a bunch of stuff I don't care about, or could fail way down the road. I like the automatic doors! I can push a button on the door, or use my fob. I don't need the foot sweep version!
I guess I'm low maintenance. (y)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks again. Now I’m questioning everything though, LOL. I was under the impression that I needed to go up to the Limited to get automatic doors. And so I thought I would not have them. But maybe he was just talking about the hands free feature… Also maybe something has changed for 2022 but I was not able to order AWD in the base package and had to go up to the Touring L to select that. That I’m sure about though, it is on the initial Chrysler ordering page online. And as discussed I was told the towing package is unavailable until the Limited version. You had a very different shopping experience! Lucky.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts