2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Just ordered a 2019 Limited Pacifica. How long does it usually take to get to your dealer?
If they actually are building to order, usually 6-10 weeks. However it could be sooner if there is something available in the pipeline that is identical to your order.

Welcome to the forum! Tell us what your ordered, color, options, etc. Keep posting here, with your questions and answers. When it arrives, post a picture taken in your driveway! :smile2:

·
Registered
157 Posts
For reference here was our recent experience with ordering a Limited with the Tow Group. Once the Limited was built it was delivered to a close by third party for the tow group options to be installed (the factory does not do any of the tow group mods) and then back to the factory for rail shipment to a rail yard close by the dealer.

March 19 - Deposit placed
March 21 - Our Limited went to "D1" manufacturing status
March 28 - It went to the 3rd party for the tow group mods
March 30 - Shipped from the factory by rail
April 4 - Arrived at the rail yard near the dealer
April 12 - Arrived at the dealer

So just a little over 3-weeks, probably a little quicker than most. I believe this was just before the factory shutdown for 2-weeks. It just depends on what is going through the factory and if they are running 2 or 3 shifts a day. At the time of order we were told average is around 6-weeks with maybe another week for the 3rd party mods.

Good luck, hope you get yours soon!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Just ordered a 2019 Limited Pacifica. How long does it usually take to get to your dealer?

Just for reference, my factory order took about three months (including the factory shutdown for a month in late 2017).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm a little surprised a dealer took a special order this late in the model year. Did they say anything about the possibility of it coming through as a 2020?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I'm a little surprised a dealer took a special order this late in the model year. Did they say anything about the possibility of it coming through as a 2020?

Why? They will take orders for the current year as long as the factory makes them and the system allows them to order. No one has officially talked about the 2020 model year, why would the dealership scuttle his customer’s order.
Now if the customer insists that he wants a 2020 model, it’s a different matter and then conversely the dealership will try to discourage him stating that it will be more than 6 months before they release the next model year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I placed my order on 5/2 and per customer service chat this morning (5/6) it is currently in D1 status. I was hoping it would take 8 weeks but it seems the process will go through much faster and I may be stuck with an extra car for a month, unless my dealer agrees to hold it in his lot for a for a few weeks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ordered my 2019 Pacifica Limited on March 28, picked it up on May 2.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Have the dealer double check that it got the options, including interior color, correct. I ordered a hybrid and when it arrived, the interior was wrong. The dealer re-ordered it and still got the interior wrong. The salesman never gave me the order sheet and the chat line can't verify anything other than status.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been talking to dealers about a possible order. One said 6 to 8 weeks, another said before July.

Were you able to get any discounts?
What city are you in? In my experience, dealers weren't willing to discount the factory orders much more than 500 to 1000 off invoice before rebates. I shopped around a 250 miles from my area so was able to find someone who was able to discount enough for me to move forward. If an equivalent car was available at an aggressive dealer lot in the area, I could have probably saved another 500-1000 but nothing close to what I wanted was out there so I went with factory.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What city are you in? In my experience, dealers weren't willing to discount the factory orders much more than 500 to 1000 off invoice before rebates. I shopped around a 250 miles from my area so was able to find someone who was able to discount enough for me to move forward. If an equivalent car was available at an aggressive dealer lot in the area, I could have probably saved another 500-1000 but nothing close to what I wanted was out there so I went with factory.
Northern CA, and it's been a very frustrating process once we decided to go with the Hybrid over the Odyssey. Half the dealers here don't even have 2019s in stock, so we decided to look at 2018s. My local dealer found one 2018 that was perfect but when he went to transfer it, the hybrid battery was dead and the factory wouldn't give an estimate on when the new one would be delivered. A few other 2018s are so old they are subject to the recall (which means manufactured before March 2018). One of those was fixed but we decided we don't want an old, unused HV battery.

With 2018 eliminated from consideration, I used the Chrysler website to search for inventory in all of California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington (changing my zip code to get around the 125 mile limit). I found exactly one 2019 Hybrid Limited I would consider buying (because we refuse to buy hot-as-**** black or deep mocha seats, even if they look nice), and that dealer showed no interest in moving off MSRP.

That meant we have to turn to factory order. The local places all refused to budge of MSRP. One claimed they make a $100 profit on hybrids (which would be true only if MSRP - invoice was the actual and only source of profit). I tried South County, which offers deep discounts on 2018's if you want fancy-looking-burn-your-arse-off black seats, but those deals are to cut losses by moving old inventory, and they didn't offer a discount on a factory order 2019. I'm slowly expanding my circle because I'm not really in a rush, but it's starting to look like I might buy an Odyssey over Memorial Day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Northern CA, and it's been a very frustrating process once we decided to go with the Hybrid over the Odyssey. Half the dealers here don't even have 2019s in stock, so we decided to look at 2018s. My local dealer found one 2018 that was perfect but when he went to transfer it, the hybrid battery was dead and the factory wouldn't give an estimate on when the new one would be delivered. A few other 2018s are so old they are subject to the recall (which means manufactured before March 2018). One of those was fixed but we decided we don't want an old, unused HV battery.

With 2018 eliminated from consideration, I used the Chrysler website to search for inventory in all of California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington (changing my zip code to get around the 125 mile limit). I found exactly one 2019 Hybrid Limited I would consider buying (because we refuse to buy hot-as-**** black or deep mocha seats, even if they look nice), and that dealer showed no interest in moving off MSRP.

That meant we have to turn to factory order. The local places all refused to budge of MSRP. One claimed they make a $100 profit on hybrids (which would be true only if MSRP - invoice was the actual and only source of profit). I tried South County, which offers deep discounts on 2018's if you want fancy-looking-burn-your-arse-off black seats, but those deals are to cut losses by moving old inventory, and they didn't offer a discount on a factory order 2019. I'm slowly expanding my circle because I'm not really in a rush, but it's starting to look like I might buy an Odyssey over Memorial Day.
Are you open to SoCal? If so, call Rydell in LA area. I dont know about Hybrid but they gave me the same discount (no haggling needed) they are giving on in stock gas models on factory order - a handful of their cars are discounted more so they wont give that much but they will give what they are discounting majority on the lot cars (you agree to their discount before rebate and coupons, which are applied at the time of delivery). Their pricing is a bit higher than Huntington B and South County but you they will not install dealer options on your factory order if you tell them not to.

I am in NV and placed my order with a SoCal dealer.

Also, just like you i needed Alloy interior and there isnt much in the area. Infact I searched east coast zip codes too and none existed in the config i was looking at nationwide.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks hashraf!

I will call them. I have family in SoCal I can visit, so a hundred on a plane flight to save thousands on a car would work nicely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I placed my order on 5/2 and per customer service chat this morning (5/6) it is currently in D1 status. I was hoping it would take 8 weeks but it seems the process will go through much faster and I may be stuck with an extra car for a month, unless my dealer agrees to hold it in his lot for a for a few weeks.
Glad to hear some of you say delivery is fairly fast. I am not getting the tow package nor the entertainment pkg. Ordered a 2019 Limited with all the other extras. I looked for 2 months but could not find many that had the adaptive cruise which is something I am used to. I don’t usually go with a “new” vehicle. My dealer said they build them in a couple of weeks but shipping can take 6-10 weeks.

Is there a way to track your build or do you have to keep contacting your dealership?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glad to hear some of you say delivery is fairly fast. I am not getting the tow package nor the entertainment pkg. Ordered a 2019 Limited with all the other extras. I looked for 2 months but could not find many that had the adaptive cruise which is something I am used to. I don’t usually go with a “new” vehicle. My dealer said they build them in a couple of weeks but shipping can take 6-10 weeks.

Is there a way to track your build or do you have to keep contacting your dealership?

You can do live chat with chrysler (see link below). They are very quick to respond. My car went into F (paint) status this morning (5/13). I ordered late evening on 5/2. From reading various posts, I dont think shipping takes more than 2 weeks, so likely my car will get to dealership around end of may / early june.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/Chrysler/s/article/How-do-I-contact-Chrysler1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts