2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We love the van and it's been fun to drive around using more battery than gas. After accepting the funny noises it makes we figured that's just what it does. The clicking in the left front area? The pump sound in the middle of the lower dash? No problem. It's like we don't even notice them any longer. It would be nice to know what the noises are though. LOL We get a full charge at night for less than a buck with our electric plan, keep the van sparkly clean and enjoy it every day with the family.

·
Registered
88 Posts
We love the van and it's been fun to drive around using more battery than gas. After accepting the funny noises it makes we figured that's just what it does. The clicking in the left front area? The pump sound in the middle of the lower dash? No problem. It's like we don't even notice them any longer. It would be nice to know what the noises are though. LOL We get a full charge at night for less than a buck with our electric plan, keep the van sparkly clean and enjoy it every day with the family.
Glad you are enjoying yours. Ours has been the best vehicle we have ever owned. My fuel bill went from between 400 to 500 a month, to 75 and under a month. After owning for almost 2 months, I have no desire to ever return to a traditional ICE.

I have not been able to figure out peoples freak-outs about the sounds the hybrid makes. It is a different technology and is never going to sound or run like an ICE. I like the whirling sound of the stator when it is generating power and the rapid wind down when the engine shuts down.

I had to laugh at this video. Yes, it is normal, you bought a hybrid DUH! People are amazing sometimes.:rolleyes:

And then this one. Yes, it has to keep the HV battery cool while charging. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
And then this one. Yes, it has to keep the HV battery cool while charging. :rolleyes:
I have to say though, before the software update it was much more reasonable about cooling more constantly at lower fan speeds... it seems that it just waits for the pack to hit whatever temperature and then cranks the fans at full speed now. Previously the fans would run but they would run 60-80% of the time at lower speeds vs now they run at full speed 25% of the time while charging and we can hear this from inside our house while it is going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
nexus9
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing