2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having an ongoing issue with the USB port (the one used to play music and apply firmware updates) periodically going dead. I found that removing the dash panel, disconnecting, and reconnecting the USB module would bring it back to life for a while. But eventually it would go dead again.

So, I purchased a new module (Hub Reflector part # 68229840AB) (for $42.65 shipping included) and installed it today. The old part number (68229840AA) has been superseded with part number 68229840AB. There were two USB "Mini B" style connections on the back of the original module. Only one was used. On the new module they removed the unused Mini B connection leaving a void in the plastic case where it used to be. Other than that the modules appear identical except for the part number.

It was easy swapping the old module for the new. The module snaps into place and is retained by three plastic tabs.

Here's hoping that the new module fixes the problem. I'll try to update this post after a while to let everyone how this works out.

-Wes

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Wes_Westhaver

·
Registered
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have any instructions or tips for removing the dash panel? The intermittent USB connection has been maddening.
Others have described removing the panel and I just followed what they said. But I can tell you that there is one torx screw at the back of the storage tray to the left of the USB port that must be removed. Then you have to pry the panel from the dash. The panel is held in place by a handful of orange plastic clips. Those clips are quite strong. I used a flat putty knife to pry the panel loose. The putty knife spreads the force out so that you don't damage the padded part of the dash. You will probably think the panel is going to crack before it finally pops loose. Like I said, those clips are quite strong.

I actually removed all the plastic clips after I removed the panel the first time so that all I needed to do was remove the torx screw to gain access to the USB module to reset it.

If the new module fixes the problem I'll probably re-install the clips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curious if this fixed your problem. I am having a similar problem with my 2018 limited. The usb port only works when I first start the car after leaving it overnight. If I unplug it, it won't work again. I pulled fuses, restarted the car, etc and nothing makes it work again. For some reason, when I leave it overnight, it works in the morning, but only for a short time.

Did the hub replacement fix your issue?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I purchased this for my wife's van as well months ago. Go figure her usb port hasn't acted up since it came in. I plan on doing the same thing when I get a chance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts