2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. I just bought it used a couple months ago. I’ve been having problems with the key fob not working.The buttons don’t work consistently. About 90% of the time nothing happens. I have to start the car by pressing the button with the key. Otherwise the dash says the key fob was not detected. Sometimes I’ll be in reverse and the console will beep and tell me that the fob is not detected. I also have problems with one of the sliders, it sometimes will not latch when closing and I’ll have to hit the button a few times.
does anyone have any input on what it may be before I take it to the dealer?
thanks!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hello!
I have a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. I just bought it used a couple months ago. I’ve been having problems with the key fob not working.The buttons don’t work consistently. About 90% of the time nothing happens. I have to start the car by pressing the button with the key. Otherwise the dash says the key fob was not detected. Sometimes I’ll be in reverse and the console will beep and tell me that the fob is not detected. I also have problems with one of the sliders, it sometimes will not latch when closing and I’ll have to hit the button a few times.
thanks!
Change the fob battery CR2032.
There is a software flash for the doors that the dealer can do.
Search the forum for these topics and you will find pages to copy and take with you.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Hello!
thanks!
Hi Avkour,

We certainly regret to hear this! Have you had the chance to change the battery for the fob? If you are unable to receive more feedback from here, please feel free to follow up with us privately.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Avkour,

We certainly regret to hear this! Have you had the chance to change the battery for the fob? If you are unable to receive more feedback from here, please feel free to follow up with us privately.

Alex
Chrysler Cares
I haven’t yet, but it happens with both fobs that I received.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
For what it's worth, both my fobs' batteries died within a week of each other (at less than three years) despite one fob not being used much. It is a cheap thing to try. The mechanical key can be removed by pressing on the rectangular button on top edge. Then the back can be pried off to replace the battery. Build date is on a sticker on the driver's door edge. The van could actually be over 3 years old. Several forum members have replaced fob batteries at less than three years. This fob is always on so batteries may not last as long as older types of fobs.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Hi Avkour,

We do recommend following up with your dealer to have them look into this further if your concerns are not resolved when changing the battery! If you'd like additional assistance during this process, please send us a private message.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

1 - 6 of 6 Posts