2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2018 Pacifica limited sat for a week (safe at home!). I tried to open it today and it had no power to anything, I needed to pop the hood to check the battery but the key inside the fob key would not unlock the door. The fob key itself had a battery, I tried both my fob keys. Isn't that what it's supposed to do, open the door? Or if I have a dead car battery (fob key had battery) I can't even open my door? If it is supposed to open the door with no power how do I get this fixed? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
144 Posts
The key in my fob does unlock the driver's door. Did you buy the car new or used?
Sounds like you may have to go to the dealer to get this straightened out.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
So my 2018 Pacifica limited sat for a week (safe at home!). I tried to open it today and it had no power to anything, I needed to pop the hood to check the battery but the key inside the fob key would not unlock the door. The fob key itself had a battery, I tried both my fob keys. Isn't that what it's supposed to do, open the door? Or if I have a dead car battery (fob key had battery) I can't even open my door? If it is supposed to open the door with no power how do I get this fixed? Thank you!
Yes, the key inside the fob should unlock the door.
Write down the VIN (driver's side bottom of windshield) to have with you when you call the dealer. You could call someone like AAA or a locksmith to open the door (even though you shouldn't have to). If you have the UConnect Access or Guardian subscription or free trial there is supposed to be a way to unlock it remotely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the key inside the fob should unlock the door.
Write down the VIN (driver's side bottom of windshield) to have with you when you call the dealer. You could call someone like AAA or a locksmith to open the door (even though you shouldn't have to). If you have the UConnect Access or Guardian subscription or free trial there is supposed to be a way to unlock it remotely.
Thank you, I will call
dealership tomorrow. I did end up having aaa come out but it just seemed silly since I had the key. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had the same problem for three years. The technician ordered two key fobs and a receiver, that fixed the problem. You have to call the Chrysler Customer center and get a case number

1 - 9 of 9 Posts