2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a 2019 Pacifica and the previous owner didn’t know the Keysense PIN. Neither Chrysler dealer on Oahu where we live has been able to help resetting it and my wife is upset she can’t play her music loud... please help, marriage in jeopardy...

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,401 Posts
A Keysense fob should be the third fob for the vehicle. Did you receive all three fobs? If not, ask the previous owner about any missing fobs.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,503 Posts
We bought a 2019 Pacifica and the previous owner didn’t know the Keysense PIN. Neither Chrysler dealer on Oahu where we live has been able to help resetting it and my wife is upset she can’t play her music loud... please help, marriage in jeopardy...
Welcome to the forum.

If you have more than one fob, look for one that doesn't say "keysense" on the back and give it to your wife.
Here's a thread you might be interested in.

If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts and will help us answer your questions easier in the future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A Keysense fob should be the third fob for the vehicle. Did you receive all three fobs? If not, ask the previous owner about any missing fobs.
No we only received the two fobs that he said came with the vehicle. Without knowing the PIN the ability to reset the Keysense properties is lost forever? There must be some way to work around this right? Why can’t the dealers in my area help me? If not, this is either a foolish system or a tactic to sell fobs or something.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
No we only received the two fobs that he said came with the vehicle. Without knowing the PIN the ability to reset the Keysense properties is lost forever? There must be some way to work around this right? Why can’t the dealers in my area help me? If not, this is either a foolish system or a tactic to sell fobs or something.
One of the two fobs you received should be normal. If the pin wasn't set previously, you might be able to set it yourself with the fobs you have. Check the online manuals that have more info than the ones that came with the van.

If you click on the thread I mentioned earlier, you will find that a dealer should be able to reset the keysense pin if required.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No the dealers here can’t do it. That’s the problem! I spent a whole day at one, and the other admits they can’t do it. Where Can I go for help? Will replacing the FOB battery help?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
No the dealers here can’t do it. That’s the problem! I spent a whole day at one, and the other admits they can’t do it. Where Can I go for help? Will replacing the FOB battery help?
Just order another new fob and keep the Keysense for emergencies. The battery has nothing to do with it.

What is the purpose of you continuing asking questions in this thread? You have all the answers you need.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Ask the dealer if you buy a new non keysense fob will they be able to program it to your van. If so, then buy another fob and get it programmed. Ask if you need to bring all the fobs.

If you really want the keysense fob pin redone, you can private message @ChryslerCares (by clicking on their name) to see if they can get someone to help the dealer assist you.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Exactly. It seems you have a missing regular key fob (with the keysense included you should have three key fobs) but being a used car it’s quite common to have missing key fobs. Contact at @ChryslerCares as mentioned before and see if they can help the dealership, in one of the other threads mentioned, a forum member was able to get it reset from a dealership for $100 or so.
I hope you had already tried the codes 0000, 1234, etc just in case.

Reactions: John Bilderback

·
Registered
139 Posts
I own a 18 PacHy and am a former Chrysler dealer technician (due to covid). I know for a fact that the keysense pin in uconnect can be reset by the dealer with the witech scan tool (factory scan tool). It sounds to me that it is a lack of knowledge on the technicians or service writers part. My advise is if one dealer can't/won't help. Try another.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I own a 18 PacHy and am a former Chrysler dealer technician (due to covid). I know for a fact that the keysense pin in uconnect can be reset by the dealer with the witech scan tool (factory scan tool). It sounds to me that it is a lack of knowledge on the technicians or service writers part. My advise is if one dealer can't/won't help. Try another.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It’s great to have a real Chrysler technician on this forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just order another new fob and keep the Keysense for emergencies. The battery has nothing to do with it.

What is the purpose of you continuing asking questions in this thread? You have all the answers you need.
Wow, sorry, I don’t see the answer, unless you mean buying a new fob. There are no dealers that can help in my area, and I’m still looking for help.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
What is hard to swallow is your silly tale about your marriage in jeopardy. You received two fobs. Give her the one that works. It's as simple as that. Any authorized Chrysler dealer can reset your Keysense fob. For absolute certain, none of us here can do this for you.

·
Registered
White 2020 touring + S - 20" tires -all black inside
75 Posts
Whats all this talk about key fobs?
Do you mean the remotes that open the doors and start the car?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
450 Posts
Whats all this talk about key fobs?
Do you mean the remotes that open the doors and start the car?
Yes that is called a fob. In O.P.'s case he does not have the pin to clear the Keysense fob ( Sets limits for teens). Only a dealer with a special scan tool can reset the pin.

·
Registered
White 2020 touring + S - 20" tires -all black inside
75 Posts
Yes that is called a fob. In O.P.'s case he does not have the pin to clear the Keysense fob ( Sets limits for teens). Only a dealer with a special scan tool can reset the pin.
I just bought a 2020 and we only received 2 remotes (key fobs) with a pullout key in each one.
Was I supposed to get 3 with the van?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just bought a 2020 and we only received 2 remotes (key fobs) with a pullout key in each one.
Was I supposed to get 3 with the van?
Not necessarily. The ”Keysense” key fob is an option; it costs extra.

Reactions: Jeremy M.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Wow, sorry, I don’t see the answer, unless you mean buying a new fob. There are no dealers that can help in my area, and I’m still looking for help.
Try to send a private message to @ChryslerCares by clicking on their name to see if they can help you find someone there to help you or assist the dealer in helping you.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Try to send a private message to @ChryslerCares by clicking on their name to see if they can help you find someone there to help you or assist the dealer in helping you.
This ..+1. . the only person in this forum that can truly help the OP is @ChryslerCares. Please do as mentioned. Sometimes their mailboxes are empty, keep sending messages and keep tagging them like this in every reply. Eventually someone from @ChryslerCares will get back to you. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Reactions: Bond007 and SciTchr
1 - 20 of 25 Posts