2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We live in central Florida and we were up in Wisconsin southbound on I90-94. Just after stopping for lunch, we were back on the IL tollway heading to Dixon IL when a 5 gallon bucket appeared out of nowhere. There was a semi to my left and I had nowhere or no time to avoid it. It crashed into the lower grill with a pretty good thud. I didn't see where it went after that but I didn't hear anything draggin underneath so we carried on. About 15 minutes later, the a/c wasn't blowing too cool. It was then I figured there was some damage to deal with. I started watching the temperature gauge and so far so good. We werre in Dixon., IL and stopped at the motel to check in. It was then that I noticed the smell of anti freeze. No puddles yet! We unloaded and went to the local dealer, Ken Nelson.

The damage was lower grill, a shutter that directs air flow, condenser and radiator. Along with the condenser, a new wiring harness was needed due to a change Chrysler made to the condenser. Thankfully it was all covered by insurance less deductible. Total for the mechanical part was $3300. That allowed us to get back on the road and have the body work done back home. A new bumper and lower grill finished off the repairs and all is good in Pacifica land.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts