2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are at our wits end with our new 2017 Pacifica Limited right now. Let me first say that we both fell in love with the Pacifica as soon as we test drove it. And out of the 3 automobiles we test drove, was immediately placed at the top. BUT, since the 2nd day we've owned it, it has been a headache. Bought it with 13 miles on it Aug. 16, 2017. The next day, the entire radio system/screen started locking up. Nothing worked to reset it and in order to get the items on the screen to unlock, you had to turn the car off and take the key several feet away from the car in order for things to reboot. After 2 months of back and forth with the dealer, area manager and "big" Chrysler, FINALLY they resolved the issue. Before this issue was resolved, though, the car started doing other weird things. On two separate occasions, I pulled into a parking spot to park, and the shift knob wouldn't move from D to P. It was like it was locked. Took a minute or two of me continually trying to twist it before it would finally move. Then, our current issue, I will park, put the car into P, but the engine won't turn off when I hit the button and I get a "Lanesense unavailable. Service required." notification. The dealer took it back for a week and after that time frame, they said the car didn't give them an error code nor could they get it to replicate the issue. Got the car back and just a few days later, same issue. Gave the car back to the dealer, they kept it 2 weeks this time, said the same thing, gave it back to me this Wednesday. This morning, the same thing happened to me! We are beyond mad, frustrated, angry, and every other emotion you can have when you paid a large sum of money for a brand new car only to have it in the shop for over a month total when you've only owned it for 3 months! We've also had it randomly throw on the breaks and put the big red BRAKE! on complete with the alarms when there was absolutely nothing around us on the road. Has anyone else had these types of issues? How did you get them resolved? We want them to just give us our money back so we can get a new car that won't be in the shop every other week and we feel safe in!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts