2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, this is more out of curiosity than anything. We bought a 2020 with a build date in August. I know there was a pause due to the battery post recall, but in addition to that I'm aware of at least one other change that happened to 2020s built at the end of the year - the cover added over the front "cyclops" ACC sensor. Are there any other changes you are aware of? I know in prior years late MY changes have been made to address safety issues et al, so just curious. Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same here build date of 8/20 we just picked up our PacHy on 1/8

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes noticed that cover too. Picked up mine 12/20, not sure of build date. Limited Hybrid.
FWIW, I wanted an accessory added to the car, the (non-FCA) shop pulled the wiring schematics, and then told me the car didn't match the diagrams, at least for the 2019 schematics, which was the latest they could get.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new here. My PacHy Limited has an October manufacturing date. I bought it in November. I don't know of any difference with previous months builds. If you want me to look at something specific to compare, we can do it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Also in the October build / purchased November gang.

I do have the radar lens cap, our 2018 doesn't have that.

That said, the lens cap does seem to cause some issues. When it becomes wet in even mild snow at the drop of a hat the radar cruise / emergency braking becomes unavailable. Our 2018 didn't do that except for heavy snow.

Not sure if I need to have a dealer look at it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, you can set the height. Not where they pivot, I would better say you can set the angle, but it does feel good once you change it. There is a button. You press it, set the height you want, and release it. Next time you lower it, it stops at that position. Wasn't that available in an August build? It's a great feature. I hated the armrest height first time I sat. But lowered it a little, and it's perfect. I can get pictures if you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our late model 2020 has the newer ACC cover as well. I was wondering if the acoustic windshield and acoustic front side windows were 2021 parts or not. We have a Limited and I believe a acoustic windshield was a norm, but not the side windows?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apparently there were some structural changes in August to improve passenger side small overlap crash safety on the gas Pacifica, I assume the hybrid would have seen the same changes:

2020 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan

Got my hybrid in December, built in September.
Ah, interesting, thanks for sharing! Here’s a quote from the site for others:
“Beginning with 2020 models built after August 2020, the passenger front door hinge pillar, A-pillar and door sill was strengthened to improve occupant protection in passenger-side small overlap frontal crashes.”

Now, would you interpret that to mean vehicles built starting in September and later only? Or after August 1st?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Would be interesting to know because I have an Aug build date as well and would like to know if the structural improvements made it into mine?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
820 Posts
Ah, interesting, thanks for sharing! Here’s a quote from the site for others:
“Beginning with 2020 models built after August 2020, the passenger front door hinge pillar, A-pillar and door sill was strengthened to improve occupant protection in passenger-side small overlap frontal crashes.”

Now, would you interpret that to mean vehicles built starting in September and later only? Or after August 1st?
If your vehicle was built in August, it was not built after August. So the interpretation would be vehicles built in and after September.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your vehicle was built in August, it was not built after August. So the interpretation would be vehicles built in and after September.
From a few instances of mid-year updates that I’ve seen on the IIHS website it hasn’t been more granular than to the nearest month. So either several manufacturers are following this system of only making changes at the start of a new month or IIHS doesn’t feel the need to be more specific beyond the month you’re guaranteed to have the updated model (or both). Seems as if it’s something only Chrysler would know for sure, in any case.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the replies, everyone! I found one other change so far (courtesy of the PacHy FB group) - apparently the pedestrian alert sounds were modified on vehicles built after April 1, 2020 (and are causing some to think their hybrid system is malfunctioning!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an October 2020 Hybrid Limited. The third row is manual, but I see a lot of references about electric folding of the third row. Is that how it should be? What Pacificas have electric vs. manual third row?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an October 2020 Hybrid Limited. The third row is manual, but I see a lot of references about electric folding of the third row. Is that how it should be? What Pacificas have electric vs. manual third row?
No hybrids have the electric third row controls. Only gas versions of higher trim (limited and pinnacle) I believe are standard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts