2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the latest from Consumer Reports about the 12 Models Lose CR Recommendation Over Car Reliability Issues, with both the Pacifica and Odyssey falling because of electronics and more. The Odyssey is now listed in their 10 Least Reliable Cars as well!

12 Models.. = www consumerreports org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/car-reliability-issues-models-lose-cr-recommendation-car-reliability-survey/

10 Least = www consumerreports org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/10-least-reliable-cars/

Chrysler Pacifica: The Pacifica fell to below average. Top problems were a frozen or blank display screen, and navigation and radio problems. Transmission problems included the transmission computer. The company told us it had released over-the-air updates that resolved the Uconnect radio problems.

Honda Odyssey: The Odyssey minivan had much-worse-than-average reliability, with problems including the infotainment display freezing and losing all functionality, and power sliding doors that wouldn’t close. The Honda spokesman said that the automaker released over-the-air software updates. Software updates issued by Honda can be downloaded by the customer using any WiFi connection. As for the door problem, the spokesman said Honda is aware of some instances, and plans to issue a service bulletin with specific dealer repair guidance soon. Trouble spots: In-car electronics, power equipment, body hardware.

·
Registered
116 Posts
[QUOTE

Chrysler Pacifica: The Pacifica fell to below average. Top problems were a frozen or blank display screen, and navigation and radio problems. Transmission problems included the transmission computer. The company told us it had released over-the-air updates that resolved the Uconnect radio problems.[/QUOTE]

This is why I am so happy with leases. I know exactly what my cost will be and when I can walk away.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I assume we are talking about 2017 models, correct? Our 2018 with 7,200 miles was built two years after full production on the new Pacifica generation began and has been flawless to date.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My early build (5/17) Pacifica Touring has been flawless to date. Of course, except for the recalls, which I never had any of those problems either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The thing is, you need to look at the breakdown of their reliability data.

CR has 17 categories. You also have to remember that it is based on AVERAGE. If most vehicles are very reliable, one car could be knocked by having an issue in one category.

For example, CR says the Odyssey and Pacifica are below average, but the 2018 Pacifica had 5/5 in reliability in 15 categories(Engine, Transmission, suspension, etc.), 4/5 in the power equipment category, and then the 1/5 in the in-car electronics(basically infotainment). It’s a similar story even with the Odyssey.

So by CR’s own ratings, the Pacifica is very reliable mechanically getting you from point A to point B.

FCA needs to fix their the infotainment issues. It’s a shame its dragging such a great vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts