2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It won't let me post a link, so I have removed some of link beginning.
motortrend.com/cars/chrysler/pacifica/2019/2019-chrysler-pacifica-vs-2019-honda-odyssey-comparison-review/

They seemed to like the Pacifica more even though the review is brief, unless I am not seeing how to get to other pages?

The Pacifica they showed is our exact color combo :) It was rare and hard to find!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It was the winner!

Fully equipped or fully stripped and regardless of the party tricks your monthly payment allows, Chrysler steals the win at the Honda test center. The Pacifica is the more comfortable, stylish, and clever package—and therefore the representative for the minivan class in the final four of our competition.

·
Registered
511 Posts
On outside styling along the Pacfica wins. My neighbor bought the new Honda minivan and its just ugly. The Pacifica actually looks good.

Boy do I agree. I anxiously awaited the reveal of the redesigned Odyssey on January 9th, 2017 at Noon. I was teaching a class and could not wait for the lunch break to go online and see the new Odyssey (I was on my 3rd). As soon as I saw the car show reveal I knew I was going to buy the Pacifica. The Pacifica is a great looking vehicle period!
On my second one now and still in love!
John

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
It was the winner!

Pacifica was the Winner in that fight only. Now it has to face the other winners - Altima, Ascent, and Blazer.

Any predictions who will be the ultimate family vehicle winner?
I’m guessing it’ll be a close call between the Pacifica an the ascent. We all can safely agree that Altima would be last (don’t even know how it was selected in the first place).
Blazer just has a novelty factor, nothing else.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pacifica was the Winner in that fight only. Now it has to face the other winners - Altima, Ascent, and Blazer.

Any predictions who will be the ultimate family vehicle winner?
I’m guessing it’ll be a close call between the Pacifica an the ascent. We all can safely agree that Altima would be last (don’t even know how it was selected in the first place).
Blazer just has a novelty factor, nothing else.
Well if you hall stuff and not just people, there is only one vehicle that can store all the seats away and not have to be removed! Makes the Pacifica unique and best all round true utility/touring combination vehicle.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The Pacifica is way better than the others - space, ride, fuel economy. Doubtful they will select the Pacifica but we know which one is the best!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
The only advantages to the Ascent over Pacifica are the higher ground clearance as well as good AWD, both useful in inclement weather, and mild off roading. In every other feature, the Pacifica is better. Now I admit I haven't ridden in an Ascent and don't know how it feels to drive or the comfort factor. But that could be a deciding factor for the reviewers.

·
Registered
511 Posts
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-suvs/march-mayhem-final-2019-chevrolet-blazer-vs-2019-chrysler-pacifica/ar-BBUKlkt

BEST FAMILY CAR!!
most of whom tried to make a go of it with two- and three-row crossovers but were finally tempted by the practicality of the minivan. Not a single defector regrets their decision; in fact, they wish they'd chosen a minivan from the start.

Minivans, however, require no compromises or optional equipment or packaging tweaks because they're designed from the ground up for this specific purpose.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Automakers like Chrysler were smart to recognize this and have designed vans that look and drive like the vehicles you wanted to buy while offering more practicality and convenience than any other segment.

·
Registered
256 Posts
So what is with Consumer Reports and their bad ratings?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
So basically a three year old minivan beat the all newly designed best in class crossovers and sedans. Just attests to the design excellence of the Pacifica. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
511 Posts
So basically a three year old minivan beat the all newly designed best in class crossovers and sedans. Just attests to the design excellence of the Pacifica. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree 100% - as I have said many times - an SUV is a compromise compared to a van. Unless your purpose is towing or off road - a van is better in every way. I proudly drive my van in a neighborhood of Suburbans and Explorers and F150s.
#vansrule

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I looked at the article, the final results were in and the Pacifica won every comparison. I haven’t looked at the Consumer Reports Auto Issue this year, but the 2018 version rated the Pacifica the 4th best vehicle for seniors. I mentioned that to our salesman wondering if Chrysler was going more for the family demographics. He said that relates to accessibility, convenience, and safety. Plus many seniors want to be available for their grandkids.

·
Registered
185 Posts
When I looked at the article, the final results were in and the Pacifica won every comparison. I haven’t looked at the Consumer Reports Auto Issue this year, but the 2018 version rated the Pacifica the 4th best vehicle for seniors. I mentioned that to our salesman wondering if Chrysler was going more for the family demographics. He said that relates to accessibility, convenience, and safety. Plus many seniors want to be available for their grandkids.
Exactly, we are a retired couple who had a Dodge Caravan we were replacing and planned to get an SUV this time. After checking out most SUVs in the price range the Pacifica came out as the best option for us old farts! After 17,000 miles still very satisfied with our Touring Plus S!

·
Registered
68 Posts
If I recall it's mostly due to issues with the infotainment system.

Right - and while I can see on some level why the system would result in less-than-stellar ratings, I also think reviewers focus a bit too much on that. Particularly in an age where most people are aware of and use technology regularly and know (for example) that they can plug in their phone and use a superior map/wayfinding app displayed on the screen instead of what comes stock, which is always inferior - these people instead want to know the things they've always wanted to know: how reliable is it? Does it drive well? Tell me about the safety features.

Certainly, people care about how well/poorly modern technology is integrated into the vehicle - that has really (and rightly) become an expectation - and that calculus should be included in whatever the final review conclusion/verdict happens to be. It's just that "infotainment issues" figure more than they should, I think, in the ultimate review of the vehicle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts