2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Leaking Coolant?

29K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  kmorg77 
#1 ·
Anyone else notice issues with their coolant levels being low? I popped the hood the other day to find my coolant levels 2 inches below the minimum threshold line. Brought it in today to the dealer and was told that a part was leaking, cant remember what it was for the life of me and that it needs to stay in the shop for warranty work. I will be in the dealership tomorrow to get the details on what the issue is but wondering if anyone has had any issues around this with their Pacifica's. Mine has only 4,000km on it!

Discussion starter · #6 ·
So apparently it sounds like it was the EGR Valve that attaches to the engine? I had not seen any leaks on the driveway and they mentioned it was a slow leak, but that it should not being doing this. They wondered if the coolant was evaporating which is why we never saw or smelt anything?? Seems odd. Anyway the part is on backorder so who knows how long this will take. Pretty ticked that this is happening to a vehicle that had literally less than 2500 miles on it. So incredibly frustrating.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Wow, I suppose we should expect to see more of these in the future. EGR coolers have been around on diesel engines for over 15 years now, they exist to cool the exhaust gas before being fed back into the intake manifold. It�s an emissions tool, and cooling the gas allows them to increase efficiency. They are known failure point in diesel engines of all varieties, but not terribly problematic in most cases.

I had a leaky coolant line under the van that almost left me stranded, but that�s completely unrelated to your issue. I hope they at least put you in a nice loner.
I'm in a Dodge Durango, but still not the same as our Pacifica :(