2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've sat in a few limiteds and the leather seems much nicer and much more comfortable than the tl+ and lower models. I don't believe it's just the physical leather but the padding and added side pieces of leather that cradle you in the seat more. It's enough to make me consider getting a 2017 limited instead of a new tl+ so I can get it. I like Android auto but my phone has it anyway and don't care to mirror my screen.

Thoughts on leather? Who's experienced both? Is there more padding? Only problem with the limited is I can't get the bench seat which I'd prefer in the second row.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I’m pretty sure you can get an 8 passenger Limited. You lose the tri-pane panoramic sunroof unfortunately, but it’s like that throughout the model line up. I also don’t think it’s technically a bench seat. More like 3 separate seats that sorta make a bench, but either way it seats three people and they are removable and what not.

As far as the leather goes yes I believe the Limited has higher quality nappa leather. As far as differences in the seat besides that I’m not sure, but they do look a little different from what I have seen. If anything the Limited seats might be a little more firm since they are also ventilated/cooled. Overall they are nice seats and I enjoy them. We purchase our 2017 Limited used last month and we really like it. Paid 36k with only 4300 miles and it is a loaded up Limited with a 50k original msrp.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m pretty sure you can get an 8 passenger Limited. You lose the tri-pane panoramic sunroof unfortunately, but it’s like that throughout the model line up. I also don’t think it’s technically a bench seat. More like 3 separate seats that sorta make a bench, but either way it seats three people and they are removable and what not.

As far as the leather goes yes I believe the Limited has higher quality nappa leather. As far as differences in the seat besides that I’m not sure, but they do look a little different from what I have seen. If anything the Limited seats might be a little more firm since they are also ventilated/cooled. Overall they are nice seats and I enjoy them. We purchase our 2017 Limited used last month and we really like it. Paid 36k with only 4300 miles and it is a loaded up Limited with a 50k original msrp.
Are you an Android gur or apple ? I have A pixel phone so I have Android auto on my phone and don't need to mirror it but I do want to be able to stream netflix to the backseat. Can you do that on your setup? I don't want to be reliant on DVDs or a USB stick. How do you like the package without Android auto?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Are you an Android gur or apple ? I have A pixel phone so I have Android auto on my phone and don't need to mirror it but I do want to be able to stream netflix to the backseat. Can you do that on your setup? I don't want to be reliant on DVDs or a USB stick. How do you like the package without Android auto?
I have an iPhone 8 and do not use CarPlay....well my Pacifica doesn’t have it, but even if it did I have no desire to have to use a cable to mirror what my phone can do better on its own anyway. My Cadillac has it and don’t use it. So buying a used 2017 that does not have CarPlay or android auto had no bearing either way on the purchase.

As far as streaming video, there is another thread on that and I think the consensus was that you can’t stream video, only certain video files through a usb stick will work.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've use a fire TV, all you have to do is link it to a Wifi hotspot on your phone or Pacifica. Here's a video that I made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts