2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added led lights to low beam, high beam and fog lamps.

No codes but unfortunately even a 35w led at half power is bright when dlr is on. Oh well. Dont know why chrysler would make the dlr part of the high beam. I might get into at a later date to switch the dlr to the led lighting around the whole housing.

Still happy though.

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts

No codes but unfortunately even a 35w led at half power is bright when dlr is on. Oh well. Dont know why chrysler would make the dlr part of the high beam. I might get into at a later date to switch the dlr to the led lighting around the whole housing.

Still happy though.
No pics, no links, no write ups? Not cool not cool.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Still happy though.
No pics, no links, no write ups? Not cool not cool.
Not dark out yet either

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didnt get any pics but so much better with the led lighting. Van looks so more bad ass at night

·
Registered
2,287 Posts

Still happy though.

I guess you don’t have much use of your high beams in that case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
562 Posts
Didnt get any pics but so much better with the led lighting. Van looks so more bad ass at night
Ha, a bad ass minivan.... that'll be the day....:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
1,932 Posts
The purpose of headlights is not to "look bad ass", but to light the road in a safe and efficient manner. At the very least you need to take "before" and "after" pictures against a wall and compare the beams for shape and uniformity.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Switch your high beams back to standard bulb if it's your DRL in the reflector housing. You're likely blinding plenty of people on approach.
Would only blind someone sitting on the ground as these vans arent high off it. My motorcycle headlight is higher

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The purpose of headlights is not to "look bad ass", but to light the road in a safe and efficient manner. At the very least you need to take "before" and "after" pictures against a wall and compare the beams for shape and uniformity.
All halogens are garbage compared to leds period. Plus id have to unmount the resistors etc and that's a pain.

Need to figure out how to get the foglamps to stay on with high beams now.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Still happy though.
You can't, I've tried many times. They don't do anything that is not manufacture-related problem. They will say that this is the way is suppose to be and that's it.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Still happy though.
Because it's easy from an electrical standpoint. GM has used the high beams as DRLs in various models for over 20 years. On those GM vehicles, when the high beams are used for in DRLs, the two high beam filaments are placed in a series circuit. This halves the voltage each bulb receives which yields a lower brightness sufficient for DRL operation.

The Pacifica also runs the high beams at reduced power for DRLs, but on the Pacifica the voltage the bulbs receive is computer controlled instead of using a couple relays to switch between a series/parallel circuit like GM does.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Switch your high beams back to standard bulb if it's your DRL in the reflector housing. You're likely blinding plenty of people on approach.
This is why I decided not to change out the high-beams (per my signature). Also, it took a long time to find the right low-beam replacement. It is definitely a case of getting what you pay for in order to get the correct beam pattern. My thanks to Fast55 for sharing his experience.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I havent gotten flashed at all. And my.lights have been on most.of the time with all this stupid rain weve been getting. I now have 4 pairs and one single of this same brand and no issues.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Projector housings are better able to handle LED bulbs since they have a hardware cut-off. Reflector housings are tougher because they rely on precise placement of the light source. The LED bulbs you purchased at least have the LEDs placed close to where the filament is in an incandescent bulb, so more of their usable light will be focused correctly. LED bulbs with LEDs facing every-which-way are dangerous in headlamp reflector housings because the light is scattered all over the place.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts