2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Led light upgrade

12K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  RED SWORD 
#1 ·
Added led lights to low beam, high beam and fog lamps.

No codes but unfortunately even a 35w led at half power is bright when dlr is on. Oh well. Dont know why chrysler would make the dlr part of the high beam. I might get into at a later date to switch the dlr to the led lighting around the whole housing.

Still happy though.

Reactions: RED SWORD
#2 ·
No pics, no links, no write ups? Not cool not cool.

#4 ·
Added led lights to low beam, high beam and fog lamps.

No codes but unfortunately even a 35w led at half power is bright when dlr is on. Oh well. Dont know why chrysler would make the dlr part of the high beam. I might get into at a later date to switch the dlr to the led lighting around the whole housing.

Still happy though.
No pics, no links, no write ups? Not cool not cool.
Not dark out yet either

#8 ·
Ha, a bad ass minivan.... that'll be the day....:grin2:

#15 ·
Because it's easy from an electrical standpoint. GM has used the high beams as DRLs in various models for over 20 years. On those GM vehicles, when the high beams are used for in DRLs, the two high beam filaments are placed in a series circuit. This halves the voltage each bulb receives which yields a lower brightness sufficient for DRL operation.

The Pacifica also runs the high beams at reduced power for DRLs, but on the Pacifica the voltage the bulbs receive is computer controlled instead of using a couple relays to switch between a series/parallel circuit like GM does.

#17 ·
I havent gotten flashed at all. And my.lights have been on most.of the time with all this stupid rain weve been getting. I now have 4 pairs and one single of this same brand and no issues.

#18 ·
Projector housings are better able to handle LED bulbs since they have a hardware cut-off. Reflector housings are tougher because they rely on precise placement of the light source. The LED bulbs you purchased at least have the LEDs placed close to where the filament is in an incandescent bulb, so more of their usable light will be focused correctly. LED bulbs with LEDs facing every-which-way are dangerous in headlamp reflector housings because the light is scattered all over the place.

#19 ·
Not completely true. I used LED on my Honda CRV and the light scatter is really bad. Its good for me cause I can see the "whole neighboorhood" but have been flashed multiple times by oncoming trafic, including one trying to run me off the road ... lol. Came to the forum to see of the Low Beam conversion of the people here produces a lot of scatter or is limited and not getting flashed by oncoming traffic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.