2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LED Brake Light bulb swap

Has anyone tried swapping out the brake lights to LED? I'm actually shocked that Chrysler did not make them LED considering the T&C had LED brake lights, and so does every other minivan outside of their base trim level. Makes me believe that they will include it in a later mid-model upgrade.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey everyone...

I decided to create a new thread for this question rather than gumming-up other threads.

I do not have experience or knowledge regarding LED bulb conversions and the myriad of LED bulb sites out there do not seem to help clarify any of my confusion. There are SO MANY bulb styles, types, models, intensities, etc. Most of the sites do not even have data to filter a search on a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. I have no idea what bulbs are in any of the various fixtures inside and outside my car, nor what the appropriate corresponding LED replacement could/should be.

Any of you that HAVE swapped headlights, fog-lights, brake lights, backup-lights, etc... could you post in THIS thread the Make/Model# of the part you purchased - but more importantly, what is/are the criteria for FINDING replacement bulbs...? Like: If I am looking for the BRIGHTEST LED replacement bulbs for my reverse-lights... what "style" bulb or connector do I need to look for...? what is the stock lumens so I know what I am buying is actually BRIGHTER...?

I basically would love to know the "process" you go through to find them and what information is necessary to know BEFORE trying to hunt them down.

Thanks in advance...
:nerd:

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Honestly, the way I figure out which bulbs to get is by reading what other people have tried in forums like this. Once there's a report of a bulb that works, you can usually look at the specs for a bulb type (like 7140) and do a search for other options of the same type.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ordered Morimoto 9005 LEDs to replace my current 9005 HID high beam set up, 7440 LED equivalents for the backups, and 7443 LED equivalents for the rear stop/turn signals. I'll see if they work. The front turn signals are a bit exotic and I have not found an amber replacement for them. Side markers are w3w, but I think you can throw in a w5w led bulb in there. They'll be a little brighter. I'm leaving the side markers alone for now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Completed most of the swaps today. Reverse light install has been detailed somewhere else, but I used Morimoto 7440 bulbs for the reverse lights. I installed Morimoto 7443 equivalents for the brake/turn signals. Requires removal of the lamp assembly. You need a Torx 30, then pull the housing out and replace the bulbs. Easy. Just waiting for the front turn signals and marker lights to arrive, and I should be full on LED...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Has anyone tried swapping out the brake lights to LED? I'm actually shocked that Chrysler did not make them LED considering the T&C had LED brake lights, and so does every other minivan outside of their base trim level. Makes me believe that they will include it in a later mid-model upgrade.
I swapped out mine for Morimoto LED equivalents 7443. Work fine.

·
Super Moderator
662 Posts
Just swapped mine out with the Philips back up brake lights. they came with red LED's. There are 2 Torx 30 screws per side. There are also two ball joints that hold the housing in place. Be careful when pulling the housing off so you don't break the ball joints. I had to pull straight out to get them to release and one side was harder to pop off than the other. You can see the ball joints in the removed housing picture. The LEDs are definitely brighter than the stock bulbs. AAMC used a different brand. Maybe he can post some pics so we can compare.

WARNING! I removed the Amazon link to mine. I did not get any warnings but I have the dreaded fast turn signal. Oddly enough, The only light blinking quickly is the one on the mirror. The rest blink normally. Do not buy the Philips. Go with what AAMC purchased instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mine pretty much look identical. I used Morimoto X-VF's. I will post pics once I get all of the bulbs done. I finished the front turn signals tonight. Need to work on the side markers. The LED high beams are my achilles heel right now...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I installed the PWY24WSV replacements tonight. I sourced them from ledin.us: Amber PWY24W PW24W LED Projector No Error Front Turn Signal Light Requires popping the rivets to the plastic cover over the grill/radiator. Remove the cover, and you will have access to the front turn signals. These are more amber in color than the indicators on the mirrors. I'll post pics once I have all the swaps done.

·
Super Moderator
662 Posts
Mine pretty much look identical. I used Morimoto X-VF's. I will post pics once I get all of the bulbs done. I finished the front turn signals tonight. Need to work on the side markers. The LED high beams are my achilles heel right now...
Nice! Can you post a link to the turn signal LEDs? Did they need a canbus adapter? Bummer about the high beams. Hopefully you get it sorted out.

Never mind. Saw you posted a link in the other thread. I'll merge them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice! Can you post a link to the turn signal LEDs? Did they need a canbus adapter? Bummer about the high beams. Hopefully you get it sorted out.

Never mind. Saw you posted a link in the other thread. I'll merge them.
Yes, so many posts about LED lighting. I'll post in the other thread...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice! I took a photo, but it does not do it justice. This particular bulb is plug and play, no errors. This video:
is exactly the difference that I saw between the stock bulb and new led bulb.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
662 Posts
Also, I dig the mini Porsche on the lift! I wanted to get one for my daughter, but ended up with the "Frozen" Mustang...
Thanks. I used to have a Boxster before we had our daughter. Now she has a Porsche and I don't. :grin2:

1 - 20 of 297 Posts