2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

281 - 300 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
So, do these new ones fit inside for low and high beams? I’m looking to get some that fit without modifying the dust cap.

·
Registered
214 Posts
So, do these new ones fit inside for low and high beams? I’m looking to get some that fit without modifying the dust cap.
The Touring Pacifica uses the 9005 bulb for both the Low and High beams. Note the lower models have Reflector housings and take a different bulb.

No matter what you'd have to modify the dust cap. Most of these produce a lot of heat and the cooling fan needs ventilation.

But I'll get mine tomorrow.

A bunch of other sellers sell this same design so it's not going to go out of stock.

I've got LEDs in my Prius Projectors with good cutoff but the Pacifica in the past has not liked LEDs in the Low Beams. Which is a shame because I like the visibility of these even if it diminishes night vision. The bluer light tends to cause signage and road lines to glow.

I may just settle for installing LEDs in the fog lights to get the bonus without the hassle.

I would not install in the High Beams if you have a Touring / Plus. On the mid-range models the van uses the High Beams as the Daytime Running Lights.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hmmm, ok, so no matter what I should just plan on modifying the dust cap. Do you source an OEM cap or use a third party? I’m thinking I want my original in-tact, in case I choose to revert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have similar bulbs in H11 form in the fog lights. https://amzn.to/2CKmAYw Very happy with them. H11 bulbs are installed from outside, no clearance restrictions. 9005 should fit inside the headlight housing.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/401-electronics/36962-[how-]-led-fog-lights-installation.html
Since you have a 2018 Limited, curious as to why you installed LED fogs as that trim already has OEM LEDs in the fogs.

Did you want different ones for some reason (if so, why?), or was this install for a different Pacifica?

Or (more likely), I misunderstood your application.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Since you have a 2018 Limited, curious as to why you installed LED fogs as that trim already has OEM LED bulbs.

Did you want different ones for some reason (if so, why?), or was this install for a different Pacifica?

Not sure about the poster, but my 2018 Limited eHybrid does not have LED fogs. I had to swap them myself.

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Since you have a 2018 Limited, curious as to why you installed LED fogs as that trim already has OEM LEDs in the fogs.

Or (more likely), I misunderstood your application.
I have the Hybrid. No HIDs low beams and no LED fogs. :( Many other options are also absent.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow, didn't know that about the Hybrids.

Maybe has something to do with the electric range? More likely, decision by FCA to trim some of the more expensive/desirable options to keep the Hybrid's price point within some range.

I was going to go with the hybrid, but the lack of towing capability was its deal-killer for me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Front: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3AZQYH?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
Rear: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EEI9LL2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_QU2ZBb2QHJNJD

This bulbs makes no hyperflash on Limited.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Thanks - I've ordered the front turns you linked and will report back with any issues. It looks like others have had luck with the iJDMTOY / Amber CAN-bus PWY24W LED - which by its description is a CANBUS-supporting fixture, while this one isn't CANBUS. Maybe it doesn't matter.

I also took a chance on these from LASFIT. (I can't help it, while I should have gone w/LEDs that the posters on this forum have verified work w/o hyperflashing or other issues, I liked the look of these in particular.) I also got the xenon white version of this LASFIT for the reverse lights.

Now on to other mods, like what floor mats I should get - will probably go with WeatherTech (why don't aftermarket vendors that make these mats have some way to easily support stow-and-go without having to flip up the whole mat?); and then which clear-bra I should get for the front...

·
Registered
71 Posts
So the LASFIT LEDs work fine (see immediate post above) as both reverse (Xenon white color) and rear brake/turn (Red version). Pretty quick and easy install, and the reverse lights are super bright.

However, the front LEDs I ordered - while they worked fine, at least on one side - I had trouble getting the R side LED back into the housing. These LEDs are pretty big in size (not sure how they compare to others), but when I kept trying to force it back into the housing, it broke. (My fault for forcing it.).

Once you take off the plastic shield that covers the width of the area above the headlights, you can certainly access the turn signal housing, but boy is it tight! Maybe it's my large meathook hands, but I had a bear of a time getting in there - even cut myself along one of the thin/sharp edges nearby (thin gloves are a good idea). I needed to use a pair of needlenose pliers to actually pull the housing back out after loosening it, to then get it up so that I could switch the bulbs out. Was able to get the Left one done and it worked fine, but the Right one broke.

I think the problem w/the R side (aside from my big hands getting in the way) was that the wiring harness to that side is pretty long, and as a result it's spooled up in the space and anchored with zip-ties all over such that some of the spool is getting in the way of effectively/easily putting the new bulb back into the housing so it can be tightened.

Anyway, I left the L side in and replaced the broken LED with the stock halogen, then ordered a pair of these from Amazon. These look just like the LEDs that others have posted about above but bought from eBay. They look smaller than the ones I tried, and if so I hope they'll be easier to install. I'll probably also cut one or more of the zip-ties anchoring the wiring harness to free up some space.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Finally completed the front turns with the newer LEDs. Everything works great! The reverse lights are sunshine bright, and the tails and turns work fine without any hyperflashing (see above for which LEDs I'm using). Kudos to Chrysler for changing the SW code so that the lower power draws of LEDs don't trigger hyperflash.

Reactions: Bond007

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Finally completed the front turns with the newer LEDs. Everything works great! The reverse lights are sunshine bright, and the tails and turns work fine without any hyperflashing (see above for which LEDs I'm using). Kudos to Chrysler for changing the SW code so that the lower power draws of LEDs don't trigger hyperflash.

The issue I heard with reversing light LED swap is that it brightens the entire area blindingly instead of the ground (which is where the stock lights are focused). Does your mod actually help you on the street at night. I know it’ll look impressive inside the garage.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hey Bond, my LED back up lights work great, it pretty much illuminates the back up camera view.

Reactions: Bond007

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm venturing into the world of some light mods. Finding and testing some Philips name-brand bulbs gave me the courage to try. I incorrectly assumed since some people had used some LEDs in the tail lights that any LED would work.

I tested Philips Vision 7443 and although the lighting performance is great, the interior turn signal indicator and exterior mirrors hyperflash (other turn signals are normal).

I don't want to splice in resistors. Before I go ahead and order I just want to triple check that those using the Alla LEDs are using them and NOT getting a hyperflash on the dash indicator and the mirror LEDs also flash at a normal rate.

Amazon US link. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EEI9LL2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_vMDRybNBE6AMT

For those in Canada like me I believe this is the identical product on Amazon.ca https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01EEI9LL2/?coliid=I3468ZB8CV10D4&colid=3DZEK56VSRQDC&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

If someone can re-confirm for me that the Alla 7443's don't cause mirror / dash hyperflash I'll pull the trigger. I do like the instant-on of the brake lights and the potential safety advantage, as long as brightness/light performance isn't compromised. The housing seemed receptive to the other LEDs I tried.

For the headlights I installed Philips X-tremeUltinon LEDs. I went with them due to comfort with name brand and I don't want to mess with HID ballasts and relay packs right now. Also hoping for a long life out of them. Only time will tell.

I'm happy with the performance on road and cut-off looks to match the halogens. Mainly concerned that I don't want to be blinding other people so I will be watching for oncoming people flashing me. If I can go a month or so without getting flashed I'll feel more comfortable with the installation. I did not adjust headlight aim at all as the cut-off remained at the same height. PS - I've got shorty and stubby hands and getting into that left headlight was a PITA.

For the high beams I installed the 9011 bulbs which I had originally bought to put in the headlights. I'm happier with this improvement than I expected to be. Makes me wonder what they would've been like in the headlights (I never got around to trying them).

I'll likely put some LEDs in the Fogs as well, but I'm in no rush. They're barely noticeable on the road now with the new lights. We used to run them all the time.

·
Registered
272 Posts
To follow up, the Alla's do indeed work. I took the plunge and the amazon.ca bulbs are the same as the amazon.com bulbs. They light up the housing like OEM and the mirrors / dash don't hyperflash.

The Phillips headlights have been OK. They are slightly dimmer directly in front of the car then out near the cut-off. But other than that they're performing well. My wife was quite happy with them.

I bought the Philips fog lights (Model 12834UNIX2). I figured might as well make them a matching set, have good warranty, headlights worked well, got them on a bit of a sale, etc. The fog lights suck. Same color but something about them isn't playing well with the fog light housing. I feel like they're dimmer than the halogens. Will be uninstalling them when I get an opportunity on a warmer day. Wish I didn't butcher the packaging so I could return them (wasn't expecting to not be happy)

Cheers ya'll

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
To follow up, the Alla's do indeed work. I took the plunge and the amazon.ca bulbs are the same as the amazon.com bulbs. They light up the housing like OEM and the mirrors / dash don't hyperflash.

The Phillips headlights have been OK. They are slightly dimmer directly in front of the car then out near the cut-off. But other than that they're performing well. My wife was quite happy with them.

I bought the Philips fog lights (Model 12834UNIX2). I figured might as well make them a matching set, have good warranty, headlights worked well, got them on a bit of a sale, etc. The fog lights suck. Same color but something about them isn't playing well with the fog light housing. I feel like they're dimmer than the halogens. Will be uninstalling them when I get an opportunity on a warmer day. Wish I didn't butcher the packaging so I could return them (wasn't expecting to not be happy)

Cheers ya'll
These bulbs https://amzn.to/2AHQ0on a lot brighter than the stock H11s and maintain the sharp cut off. Alla lighting sells the identical ones for almost double the price.

·
Registered
272 Posts
These bulbs https://amzn.to/2AHQ0on a lot brighter than the stock H11s and maintain the sharp cut off. Alla lighting sells the identical ones for almost double the price.
Thanks for the tip. Since I'm in Canada and don't want to pay conversion rates or additional import fees I scooted back over to Amazon.ca

While I could find the Alla's, though not with prime shipping, I could not find the exact bulbs you linked to.

However... I did find these: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078RDFVXT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As in your case above, these look like exactly the same bulb to me just in different packaging. They even say F2 as well. They happened to be on a lightning deal today so I took the plunge and ordered. $50 CAN to my door. If all goes well I'll swap out this weekend.

After a couple more days with the current philips fogs in I figured at that price it's worth the hassle of ripping the philips out of the fogs, returning and trying these out. Believe it or not I'll get a $160 difference back.

I have no idea why the fog bulbs were so much more expensive than the headlights but don't work nearly as well. Ah well, onward and upward. Thanks again. Will report back if any better.

FWIW the philips fogs have a perfect cut-off. Just no where near as bright as the halogens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I changed my reversing bulbs to these ones from Amazon.ca:

NATGIC 7443 T20 7440 7441 992 LED Bulbs 1200LM 48-SMD 4014 LED Chipsets with Lens Projector for Back Up Reverse Lights, Tail Lights, Brake Lights, Parking Lights, Xenon White (Pack of 2)

They put out an excellent crisp white light and at least twice as bright as stock bulbs! In the backup camera view it’s like two spot lights turned on at night.

Very easy replacement.

For the highbeams I got a set of bulbs which works well ans fit in the housing with the dust cover closed but is there a specific position for them to work best in? I noticed the driver and pax have different positions where bulb locks and stays in place. I haven’t tested them properly but just looking at them head on they seem more powerful and also a lot more dazzling but since it’s high beam and I have AHB I’m not concerned with dazzle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Different question, but a little related to this thread.

I have a Limited '18 that has factory HID lights. I really like it, but they aren't super white. Any time a Tesla drives next to me, they appear yellowish compared to the extremely white Tesla factory bulbs. I've been noticing it more and more lately (there's a lot of Tesla's out here). Anyway, when one of these lights burns out, I plan on replacing both with different bulbs that will work with the factory HID setup. Any suggestion for brighter (whiter) lights that fit the factory setup?

Thanks!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Different question, but a little related to this thread.

I have a Limited '18 that has factory HID lights. I really like it, but they aren't super white. Any time a Tesla drives next to me, they appear yellowish compared to the extremely white Tesla factory bulbs. I've been noticing it more and more lately (there's a lot of Tesla's out here). Anyway, when one of these lights burns out, I plan on replacing both with different bulbs that will work with the factory HID setup. Any suggestion for brighter (whiter) lights that fit the factory setup?

Thanks!
Teslas have LED lights, so they will generally have a cooler color than HIDs. You can replace the HID bulbs with ones with a higher color temperature, I think stock HIDs are normally 4300K but LEDs are generally 5500K. However, HIDS with color temperatures higher than stock start losing light intensity instead. I personally don't think there's any advantage to go above stock HID color temperature, since you get less light and the whiter light will backscatter more in rain and fog, but that's up to you.

I don't know what type bulbs the HIDs use (maybe D3s?) but just make sure they are the same type and you should be good.

281 - 300 of 308 Posts