2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Great idea and I just updated the SS with my info so far.
I’m interested to know if Amazon knows what it’s talking about. It says the model @Stach used doesn’t fit my 2020, but I can’t see any reason why that would be the case.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I’m interested to know if Amazon knows what it’s talking about. It says the model @Stach used doesn’t fit my 2020, but I can’t see any reason why that would be the case.
I have the 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited with the super dim halogens, so I had finally had enough. The great thing about the Cougars is that they fit entirely behind the dust cap, so the installation is basically no different than changing the bulb. The only concern I had was if they would flicker or not (if they do, Cougar is supposed to send you a free Canbus decoder), but they don't at all and are so much brighter and whiter!

If you 2020 has 9005 bulbs for the low beam, then it should be an easy swap just like it was for me.

-Stach

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just bought a new 2020 Hybrid Limited. Put me in the club blown away that FCA gave the hybrids crap lighting - wonder what else they've cheaped out on that I've missed? Would've gladly paid more for better lights. Looks like 2021 will resolve that, but the new front ends looks like crap in my opinion... straight up 2000's minivan, so no thanks. I used to do a lot of light mods for vehicles I had years back. LED swaps, HID installs, etc. Factory LEDs are a beautiful thing when they are designed correctly, which is what I had been used to recently. The lights in the Pacifica are total garbage. Shame on FCA.

I'm surprised at the number of people in here recommending all the Chinese crap on Amazon and eBay, and believing the specs they put out. Trusting your life with $30 headlights that are aren't even listed for sale a year later is not a good idea. Throw whatever you want anywhere else as long as it works, but headlights? They're worth paying more for.

I just bought all this:
Highs & lows: GTR Lighting Ultra 2
Brake/rear turn: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EEI9LL2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Front turn: Amber CAN-bus PWY24W LED Front Turn Signal Bulbs For Audi BMW MINI Mercedes VW | eBay
Fog: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071SHJ5X3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reverse: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NPIYDWU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The front & rear turn/brake were recommended here. Avoiding hyperflash without installing resistors is a huge desire of mine - I'm done messing with wires and clunky boxes, same reason I won't do a HID conversion. Aftermarket LEDs have come a LONG way over the years, but obviously some still have some improving to do.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just bought a new 2020 Hybrid Limited. Put me in the club blown away that FCA gave the hybrids crap lighting - wonder what else they've cheaped out on that I've missed? Would've gladly paid more for better lights. Looks like 2021 will resolve that, but the new front ends looks like crap in my opinion... straight up 2000's minivan, so no thanks. I used to do a lot of light mods for vehicles I had years back. LED swaps, HID installs, etc. Factory LEDs are a beautiful thing when they are designed correctly, which is what I had been used to recently. The lights in the Pacifica are total garbage. Shame on FCA.

I'm surprised at the number of people in here recommending all the Chinese crap on Amazon and eBay, and believing the specs they put out. Trusting your life with $30 headlights that are aren't even listed for sale a year later is not a good idea. Throw whatever you want anywhere else as long as it works, but headlights? They're worth paying more for.

I just bought all this:
Highs & lows: 9005 SL1 LED Bulbs (pair)
Brake/rear turn: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EEI9LL2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Front turn: Amber CAN-bus PWY24W LED Front Turn Signal Bulbs For Audi BMW MINI Mercedes VW | eBay
Fog: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071SHJ5X3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reverse: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NPIYDWU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The front & rear turn/brake were recommended here. Avoiding hyperflash without installing resistors is a huge desire of mine - I'm done messing with wires and clunky boxes, same reason I won't do a HID conversion.Aftermarket LEDs have come a LONG way over the years, but obviously some still have some improving to do. Diode Dynamics is a USA based company, that appears to be building at least some (if not all) of their lights domestically. 3 year warranty and US customer service, along with accurate specs and a well-designed product are worth the money. I should be able to fit these headlights in the high & low beam without modifying the dust cover, and I trust they will actually put out a usable light pattern. If not, free return and onto something else. VLEDs is another US based company that makes some pretty good stuff, but the DD bulbs were more closely sized to the actual 9005, so I went with that. Reverse and fogs are just something I came across while browisng that were cheap - don't really care if they're perfect, just that they work decently.
Can you tell us once you installed them if everything work fine without anyi flicker and resistors. Also are you able to put the dust cap with these 9005 LED set?

·
Registered
267 Posts
They are just lights. Come on now. Most people don't give a darn.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you tell us once you installed them if everything work fine without anyi flicker and resistors. Also are you able to put the dust cap with these 9005 LED set?
Installed everything from my post. No issues at all, although you can notice a subtle “scroll” effect on the lights at times at night in the cameras - it’s not flashing or anything to make it unusable, but it’s there. The fog light beam pattern looks excellent, but the output isn’t amazing. That’s fine for me... fills in front a little bit, and is a cosmetic improvement.

I actually bought some GTR Lighting Ultra 2s as well based on positive reviews and had them delivered before the Diode Dynamics got here. Headlight Revolution has a YouTube video reviewing 2 dozen bulbs including the GTR and SL1. GTR was #1, and after just comparing for myself, I agree they are significantly better than the SL1. I will be returning those.

The GTR Ultra 2s do fit the high and low beam with dust cover intact, no modifications. Just barely clears the high beam cover, but it fits. Overall a significant improvement over halogen. I don’t have any good photos yet unfortunately. Here is a quick low + fog & high beam shot, a comparison of the SL1 (left) vs GTR (right), and a comparison of GTR (left) vs stock halogen (right). The photos are dim due to short exposure to better capture the light output since I’m so close to the wall.

Considering your headlights could mean life and death at night, people should care what they buy at least for those.

·
Registered
2018 Limited | Velvet Red Pearl, Black/ Diesel| Build date 06/2018
61 Posts
Just did a spreadsheet to help people of this forum. It would be appreciated if people can add their experience with LED and HID light.
2017+ Light modification
can this doc get pinned or something? i think it would be super useful to everybody as a central resource. it looks like many people haven't updated it, and there are lots of people that ask about LED bulbs.

I have some reverse lights on order and I plan on presenting the info to the group.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Installed everything from my post. No issues at all, although you can notice a subtle “scroll” effect on the lights at times at night in the cameras - it’s not flashing or anything to make it unusable, but it’s there. The fog light beam pattern looks excellent, but the output isn’t amazing. That’s fine for me... fills in front a little bit, and is a cosmetic improvement.

I actually bought some GTR Lighting Ultra 2s as well based on positive reviews and had them delivered before the Diode Dynamics got here. Headlight Revolution has a YouTube video reviewing 2 dozen bulbs including the GTR and SL1. GTR was #1, and after just comparing for myself, I agree they are significantly better than the SL1. I will be returning those.

The GTR Ultra 2s do fit the high and low beam with dust cover intact, no modifications. Just barely clears the high beam cover, but it fits. Overall a significant improvement over halogen. I don’t have any good photos yet unfortunately. Here is a quick low + fog & high beam shot, a comparison of the SL1 (left) vs GTR (right), and a comparison of GTR (left) vs stock halogen (right). The photos are dim due to short exposure to better capture the light output since I’m so close to the wall.

View attachment 44186
View attachment 44187
View attachment 44188
View attachment 44189
View attachment 44190
Considering your headlights could mean life and death at night, people should care what they buy at least for those.

I just bought all this:
Highs & lows: GTR Lighting Ultra 2

The front & rear turn/brake were recommended here. Avoiding hyperflash without installing resistors is a huge desire of mine - I'm done messing with wires and clunky boxes, same reason I won't do a HID conversion. Aftermarket LEDs have come a LONG way over the years, but obviously some still have some improving to do.
Any issues with the "Brake/rear turn" lights? Hyperflashing? Error messages in the EVIC? Just plug and play?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I beg to differ...some of us want brighter turn signal/brake lights to prevent a catastrophic rear end accident. Has happened to me in a 2015 Ram 1500 and the guy admitted he simply didn't see my brake lights as they weren't that bright. I've got Lasfit LEDs installed in the 2019 RAM in our family and it makes a world of difference.

And as for the headlights, I have relatives in rural Texas who need better headlights but they aren't as critical for me where I am in the burbs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I installed the following today based upon 392DCGC’s recommendation and they work flawlessly. Plug and play - simple!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here are the results of the LasFit 7440 white LED replacement bulbs.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0825MV53P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have no affiliation to the manufacturer or seller.

They are whiter and brighter to the eye for sure. Through the reverse camera, they do fill in a bit more than the standard incandescent. They are supposedly 600 lumens each. A good upgrade for sure, but if you are wanting essentially rear-facing headlights, these might not be the ticket. They fit perfect though and don’t interfere with any other component.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
iJDMTOY LED turn indicator install and results.

Parts used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079QDNHC1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Incandescent Vid:

LED Vid:

Installation Notes: You will need to pop the 11 plastic rivets (I used a panel tool) to remove the cover so you can access the bulbs. A quarter turn released the sockets and you just click in the new bulbs. I found that for the driver side, I had to remove the harness to give me a bit more slack to compensate for the increased bulb length. Once the socket is locked in place, just reconnect the harness and you're good.

Observations:

• The OEM bulbs on the Limited (IE. HID headlights) have a silver finish to minimize the “egg yolk affect.”
  • LED's are longer, yet still fit in the housing. Because of the extra length, you can actually see the amber color from the side a bit more.
  • There is no hyper flash, and no errors.
  • I did not use any resistors.
  • This particular design is at least as bight as OEM in broad daylight. We’ll see how much more at night.
  • The instant on-off nature of LED's is more modern looking than the standard incandescent fade up-fade down, which is like 85% the reason I did this upgrade.

301 - 316 of 316 Posts