2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why the driver side LED strip in the headlight is not working? The low & high beams work fine in that headlight, just the LED strip is not working.

2017 Touring L

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I’m going to say it’s not , all strip lights that are led are disposable . Unless somebody had taken a headlight apart and then that becomes a water leak and condensation issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, so replacing the whole headlight unit is probably the only way to get the LED strip to work?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Someone on here outlined how they were able to bake the headlight to gain access to the LED circuits and resistors with the caveat that it was a major PITA and not guaranteed to fix the issue. So, to answer your question, yes, replacing the unit is most likely your only option.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Have to replace the whole housing. I assume out of warranty? Gonna be expensive.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had that happen on my PacHy. They replaced the whole headlight assembly - luckily still under warranty.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My guess is the cost will make you ignore the burnt out strip lol

Can you turn the DRLs off?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Actually, not as bad as I thought, $400, $550 if it has HIDs which I dont think the Touring L does:

You could get a used one off a totalled Pacifica. Here's one for $240:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
You should try Craigslist , eBay for lights . Or go to dealer get part number and then google the part number with mopar I front of it and you’ll have a variety of prices , good luck

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Or you could just click the links I posted above lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
You could attempt replacing the led module that is accessible from outside off the headlight assembly. Usually around $40-50 but may not fix anything.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yes the module but the strip itself has light pulsing thru it , hence the term light strip . Now ask yourself where the light omits from aside from the module/relay .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes the module but the strip itself has light pulsing thru it , hence the term light strip . Now ask yourself where the light omits from aside from the module/relay .
There are two modules. One inside the light - not serviceable without disassembling the headlight. One on the outside. Both diodes transmit light through the acrylic. There is no strip. Do a search. Multiple people have found the outer one with a burned diode. Limiteds have 6 diodes on the outer one. That's why they're brighter and eligible for DRLs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are two modules. One inside the light - not serviceable without disassembling the headlight. One on the outside. Both diodes transmit light through the acrylic. There is no strip. Do a search. Multiple people have found the outer one with a burned diode. Limiteds have 6 diodes on the outer one. That's why they're brighter and eligible for DRLs.
So swapping out the module could fix the led strip not working? You wouldn’t have a part number for that module.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts