2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why the driver side LED strip in the headlight is not working? The low & high beams work fine in that headlight, just the LED strip is not working.

2017 Touring L

·
Registered
288 Posts
Someone on here outlined how they were able to bake the headlight to gain access to the LED circuits and resistors with the caveat that it was a major PITA and not guaranteed to fix the issue. So, to answer your question, yes, replacing the unit is most likely your only option.

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
Have to replace the whole housing. I assume out of warranty? Gonna be expensive.

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
My guess is the cost will make you ignore the burnt out strip lol

Can you turn the DRLs off?

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
Actually, not as bad as I thought, $400, $550 if it has HIDs which I dont think the Touring L does:

You could get a used one off a totalled Pacifica. Here's one for $240:

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
Or you could just click the links I posted above lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes the module but the strip itself has light pulsing thru it , hence the term light strip . Now ask yourself where the light omits from aside from the module/relay .
There are two modules. One inside the light - not serviceable without disassembling the headlight. One on the outside. Both diodes transmit light through the acrylic. There is no strip. Do a search. Multiple people have found the outer one with a burned diode. Limiteds have 6 diodes on the outer one. That's why they're brighter and eligible for DRLs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There are two modules. One inside the light - not serviceable without disassembling the headlight. One on the outside. Both diodes transmit light through the acrylic. There is no strip. Do a search. Multiple people have found the outer one with a burned diode. Limiteds have 6 diodes on the outer one. That's why they're brighter and eligible for DRLs.
So swapping out the module could fix the led strip not working? You wouldn’t have a part number for that module.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You seem to like spouting false information.

View attachment 45200

This one is serviceable without taking the headlight assembly apart. There is not "LED" strip. It is an acrylic rod that the light shines through.
Does anyone have a part number for this module? I have the issue on the passenger side. It happens during the summer but almost goes away in the winter. Makes me think it's an issue with this part.

Help?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts