2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lee Iacocca died at 94 today. He was the "Father of the Minivan".

As former president of Ford, he tried to sell the concept of the minivan to executives there, but failed. He left Ford to become president of Chrysler, and succeeded in creating the minivan there. Previously, while at Ford, he was responsible for the Mustang. Two amazing achievements.

After he retired from the auto industry, he oversaw the restoration of The Statue of Liberty. Quite a guy.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Lee Iacocca died at 94 today. He was the "Father of the Minivan".

As former president of Ford, he tried to sell the concept of the minivan to executives there, but failed. He left Ford to become president of Chrysler, and succeeded in creating the minivan there. Previously, while at Ford, he was responsible for the Mustang. Two amazing achievements.

After he retired from the auto industry, he oversaw the restoration of The Statue of Liberty. Quite a guy.
Thx, RIP. He had a great podcast a few years back about the future of the minivan, excellent stuff and he was still very sharp.

btw, he wasn't retired from Chrysler during his Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island work.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Didn't he consider a run for President?

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Good link. He was off a few years in the PHEV. I agree it's the future, it's just not here yet. Gas probably has to double to make change, and that will only happen with taxes.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Lee asked for, and got, a government loan to save Chrysler.
Chrysler paid back the loan in full.
I watched Lee on TV pitch the first Caravan - and I bought one in 1985, and have had one ever since....

From the article:
"We've got to get off fossil fuels.'"

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
btw, he wasn't retired from Chrysler during his Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island work.
Thanks for the correction.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
RIP. Saved Chrysler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts