2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let everyone know who is trying to lemon law their 2017- beware! I made a few mistakes with my process. I allowed FCA to talk me out of filing the official complaint with the State of Florida because they assured me they would take care of my situation. FCA hires a 3rd party company that is actually more incompetent than FCA. I received my first notification on March 22. I was told the process would take 2 weeks, at the most. We are now at May 3rd and I am still waiting. Stericycle lost my paper work, didn't return my phone calls, forgot to file the case...the list goes on and on. Stericycle is impossible to get a hold of. Their voicemails are always full and emails are never returned. Then they said FCA never sent the check, then the check was misplaced. You can't imagine the stories. I can't get a straight or honest answer from anyone. Not only have I had the worst experience with the car, now I have to deal with this. I should never have listened to FCA and I should have filed the official lemon law documents with the state so everything would be handled through them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow, Momof4crazies! What a horrible experience. I have heard of stories going both ways, some people have had a smooth replacement and some have horror stories like yours. I truly hope things turn around and you get some resolution quickly.

Best wishes,
Jeremy

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course FCA blames Stericycle and Stericycle blames FCA - I have no clue who is to blame, all I know is I signed my agreement on April 6th and I am still driving the 2017. After numerous phone calls and emails today, they promise me that tomorrow is my day. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Of course FCA blames Stericycle and Stericycle blames FCA - I have no clue who is to blame, all I know is I signed my agreement on April 6th and I am still driving the 2017. After numerous phone calls and emails today, they promise me that tomorrow is my day. Fingers crossed!

Hopefully this is great news, fingers crossed for you!

Best wishes,
Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And...final news! I gave back my 2017 on Friday and came home with my 2018. Now let's just hope it is smooth sailing from here. Stericycle ended up overnighting the paperwork and getting the buyback done in 24 hours. Well, that was after 6 weeks of them failing. Once I started calling Stericycle corporate and harassing them things got done very quickly! Wish me luck!
I love my 2018 Touring L Plus with the Advanced Safety Package (and a few other packages that I know nothing about). So excited to not have to worry!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Congratulations on your new car. I’m glad you decided to stick with Chrysler even after you had a lemon the first time. Wishing you have better luck this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can someone point me in the right direction? I've been battling with this for years now. My steering catches when I'm in a curve and you have to yank it to get it corrected, even with the lane sense turned off. The transmission use to slam so hard you hit the steering wheel, took 2 years of screaming about that to figure it out. Door started leaking and soaking the seatbelts every time it rained, now my doors grind and wont close.. Seatbelt would catch and lock on even a 100 pound person was in the seat. Airbag light wont turn off and it keeps saying there's an issue with it. Engine would stall out for no reason.. The list goes on! I am so stressed out over this vehicle! I dropped it off at the dealership and told Chrysler I wasn't picking up until it was fixed and my family was safe!

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
833 Posts
Can someone point me in the right direction? I've been battling with this for years now. My steering catches when I'm in a curve and you have to yank it to get it corrected, even with the lane sense turned off. The transmission use to slam so hard you hit the steering wheel, took 2 years of screaming about that to figure it out. Door started leaking and soaking the seatbelts every time it rained, now my doors grind and wont close.. Seatbelt would catch and lock on even a 100 pound person was in the seat. Airbag light wont turn off and it keeps saying there's an issue with it. Engine would stall out for no reason.. The list goes on! I am so stressed out over this vehicle! I dropped it off at the dealership and told Chrysler I wasn't picking up until it was fixed and my family was safe!
Speaking for forum participants, we'd love to help, but more information please:
Model year, ICE or hybrid, trim level, current mileage, date of purchase (new or used), etc. are all important. You can put them in your signature line.

Lemon laws vary from state to state, but basically they are based on some combination of number of incidents, severity, failure to cure and total time in shop. Eligibility usually is milleage & time in service --for example I think New York is 2 years and under 18,000 miles. I think you can file after that time, but all the incidents would have to be within that time period.

Do you have confidence in your dealer's service? Has the salesperson been helpful? Do you have an alternate dealer service?

You will find a lot of help in the various threads. Wish you had come here sooner.

Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jerry17,

I began having the above mentioned problems with my 2017 when it had less than 200 miles on it. It spent more than 30 days in the shop within the first 6 months of owning it. I asked about buy back then and they told me my car wasn't in for 30 consecutive days so I wasn't eligible for buy back. Now Chrysler is telling me all it would have needed was 4 service issues in the first year, I have well over 30. I'm just sick over it. But I feel that since I have the service records, all emails, and all chat transcripts, it should be honored! Especially since the vehicle had a manufactured broken part in the transmission that caused the vehicle to slam in and out of gear, the vehicle was sent to multiple shops, multiple times and each time, the issue was brushed off. Finally last year a mechanic at a new shop tore it apart and found the piece that was malformed upon manufacturing... Ugh.. This has been a nightmare.
But, the vehicle is a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, Touring Plus, with all the extra packages.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You forgot to mention your state. First step is to look up the lemon laws for your specific state and see what the requirements are. Depending on when you got your 2017 you may be running out so better do this asap. Here in Hawaii, the issues must be during the first two years of ownership, but then you have another year to file. Other states may not give you that much time.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I've had no experience directly with the law, but as @lutorm said, you may have a grace period for filing. If you google "lemon law your state" (e.g. "lemon law Florida") there should be a bunch of law firm ads at the top. Be very careful though -- some may take a piece of your settlement unless your state forces Chrysler to pay legal costs . Even the ones that say "no cost if we don't win" can ding you for filing fees and other stuff as the case progresses in addition to the their slice of the pie. But a free consultation can help establish if you are eligible. In any case, look at your state's DMV and Attorney General websites -- they may have some clarifying advice. Just watch website names -- the official government sites end in ".gov" Sometimes there are sites like DMV.COM which are private and their reliability and information may not be straightforward.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had no experience directly with the law, but as @lutorm said, you may have a grace period for filing. If you google "lemon law your state" (e.g. "lemon law Florida") there should be a bunch of law firm ads at the top. Be very careful though -- some may take a piece of your settlement unless your state forces Chrysler to pay legal costs . Even the ones that say "no cost if we don't win" can ding you for filing fees and other stuff as the case progresses in addition to the their slice of the pie. But a free consultation can help establish if you are eligible. In any case, look at your state's DMV and Attorney General websites -- they may have some clarifying advice. Just watch website names -- the official government sites end in ".gov" Sometimes there are sites like DMV.COM which are private and their reliability and information may not be straightforward.

Got it. Thank you!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Oklahoma seems to have official info on the web: Oklahoma's Lemon Law

It appears you have only one year to notify the manufacturer about a defect:
What should you do if you think you bought a lemon?
Act fast!

You must report the defect, directly and in writing, to the manufacturer, the manufacturer’s agent or dealer during the term of the warranty or during the period of one year following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle, whichever is earlier.

·
Registered
833 Posts
DMV.com is a private website, but some advice is useful. On that site, see Oklahoma Lemon Law 101 |DMV.com for an expansive discussion of the law. They recommend (remember what I said about private websites) using a lawyer. Since you are well past the one year mark, a lawyer is probably the way to go but price-shop them.

The OK BBB site has some advice also, but it seems that FCA does not cooperate with them -- bu t it is worth checking out. In he true capriciousness of the internet, I can't find that link again -- it may pay to call them.

Good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts