2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Luxury White Pearl - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound - Sun Roof
40 Posts
I'm very happy with my OpenEVSE. I hard wired it though, I'm not excited about running 30A for hours through a connector, especially out here in Hawaii where everything corrodes.
I will hardwire mine as well. It will be in sight of the power panel, so I don't think I'll add a disconnect. Though it looks pretty water tight, I may also make a cover for it. The sun can be brutal here in Texas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So what level 2 chargers are you all using from home? Does anyone else use a NEMA 10-30 outlet? I'm hoping to purchase from Amazon but the number of choices and various prices are really confusing.
So what level 2 chargers are you all using from home? Does anyone else use a NEMA 10-30 outlet? I'm hoping to purchase from Amazon but the number of choices and various prices are really confusing.
Two and a half years ago, I bought an AeroVironment Level 2 Charger from HomeDepot. Company name is apparently now Webasto. I bought one with a 25ft cord from the charger to the car because I park in the far bay of a 2-car garage. At the time, it was a great price at $675, but looks like prices have dropped now. I had an electrician put a 240V outlet in the garage, which was not too difficult because the electrical box was on the wall adjoining the garage. I have been thrilled with it.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts