2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent been able to find anyone that has a similar issue on the forum. My 2017 Chrysler Pacifica lift gate has been acting erratic over the last year. Sometimes it stutters when opening and reverses back down. Most of the problem occur when attempting to close the lift gate. It will get half way and then open back up, sometimes take 2-3 times to finally shut all the way. I just replaced the Lift Strut hoping that would fix the issue, but still the same. I have read about a software update a couple years back, and I'm pretty sure I had that updated at dealer. I do not have a touchless sensor to open the lift gate hands free, so I'm not sure what sensor might be causing this is to act up.

Anyone else encounter a similar issue and able to get it resolve? The only other thing I can think of is to replace the motor arm (R side), but I dont think that's an inexpensive item to replace.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2017 Chrysler Pacifica lift gate has the same issue. Not all the time, but quite often. I have to pull it open, then close it by hand.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
599 Posts
The few times I have seen this on my 2018 Touring L Plus, I realized that I was standing very close to the liftgate. I knew I was going to move out out of the way. But maybe the sensors for the rear parking senses I am there and stops the gate from lifting? Just a guess on my part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts