2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a trick to getting the lift gate to open with your foot? I got it to work one time but that's been it. Same for the sliding doors.

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Without a tow hitch straight in and out directly under the handle. With the tow hitch do it just off to the side. Like PacificaJohn said, not side to side.

·
Registered
576 Posts
My hands free will not work on the rear lift gate unless I first unlock the doors with the key fob which is completely pointless. The side doors work perfect if the key fob is in my pocket. See if maybe yours is plagued by the same problem as mine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far, no go. It isn't that big of a deal and I'm certainly not taking it back for just this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It must be a quick in & out kick. If you have a factory hitch, there two sensors, one on each side. They are located at the inside end of the bumper reflectors. When I had our van in for a recall repair, I asked them to look at the hands free liftgate because I couldn’t get it to work correctly. The service rep said they couldn’t find anything wrong and showed me totally wrong how to work it. I have a hitch but he waved his foot from side-to-side under the hitch. He must have got close to where the sensors actually are and triggered one to open the liftgate.

It was my dog who taught me how to do it. As she flew around the van chasing some imaginary critter, she opened the liftgate. That gave me a clue that it had to be a fast movement. So then I showed my service rep.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If it worked once and now it doesn't, then double check that you haven't accidentally disabled the feature in the UConnect settings. There are two on/off settings, one for the lift gate and one for the sliding doors. They are under Settings/Doors and Locks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts