2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Lift gate Malfunction

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  DRDDRH 
#1 · (Edited)
Anybody have a clue about what type of screws the liftgate latch is mounted to the door with? There are 3 screws, they have triangular driver slots in them can’t find a triangle head screw driver anywhere. I’m going to replace the electronic latch mechanism as the lift gate will not open, with the Fob, the driver ceiling console button, or the rear interior or rear exterior electric switches. The so called manual release lever behind the plastic access door does not open the lift gate either. I took it to the dealer, they said they were not sure what was wrong but were going to replace the latching mechanism for approx $350.00. I got the part, but can’t find a driver bit to remove these screws.

#5 ·
Classic!

K.I.S.S. :laugh:

#6 ·
The first tool to come to mind was a Torx T-30 bit. It is used in changing out the rear turn signal/stop light bulbs as well as the engine plastic intake manifold cover. Just guessing here.

#8 ·
I am also having liftgate issues. None of the switches work, the liftgate won't open manually either. I took it to the dealer and had the latch replaced, this did not rectify the problem. I'm taking it to a different dealership to see if they can figure this out. Is there anyone out there who has had this problem and come up with a solution?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.