2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have some property on a mountain here in the Pacific NW that is accessible by gravel road, and in the winter (our rainy season) the road can get washed out and potholed. I don't need to tell anyone here that the Pacifica has a really, really low ride height, especially if you're used to SUVs and trucks like I am. I find that I regularly bottom out, even sometimes on paved mountain roads (the Northeast access road to Mt St Helens comes to mind). The traction is fine offload, so although I'd love to have an AWD Pacifica Hybrid, the killer is the ground clearance.

So, I'm interested in the opposite of what is usually talked about on the forums. I want to go up 1-2", not down. Ideally, I could increase the ride height pneumatically with the flick of a switch before heading up mountain roads. I don't really want to have it higher on the highway, since that would increase drag quite significantly. That said, I'd be willing to go up 1" statically if wouldn't effect anything else.

Does anyone know of any options for this? I figure some of y'all who lower vehicles might know about what's possible with pneumatic kits. I know that strut spacers (example not for Pacifica) work well on some vehicles. If they don't exist, I guess I could machine some myself and try them out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
you could bave some spacers machined for the top of the struts and coils in the rear. 5/8" spacer may give you close to 1" lift

·
Registered
9 Posts
Even though air suspension setups are mostly used for lowering a car, you should actually also be able to use them to ride higher than stock. Since they are designed to lower a car, you'd end up having to run extra air pressure in the bags to lift the car up, which would lead to a harsh/jarring ride. But if it's a kit that uses threaded front coilover strut replacements, you can adjust the lower perches and/or the air spring mounts...and in the rear, you could use shims to space the rear bags up, eliminating the need to run extra air pressure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I hit a speed bump in a parking lot last week, and I heard a scrape. When I washed the van today, I noticed that the rocker panel aft of the L front wheel has a larger gap than the R front wheel. I haven't yet looked at it close enough to determine whether a tightening of the screw that's underneath the rocker panel at that location would bring it back to par.

Has anyone else had this happen? It wasn't like it was a huge speed bump, either. Standard size, and I wasn't going fast...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just came back from a 1400 mile trip and I would almost certainly go for a 2" lift on this van. Not so much to off-road but to have clearance on dirt roads hiking camping etc..

·
Registered
31 Posts
I reached out to a company (tema4x4) who is willing to fab some 2" spacers for the Pacifica. Can someone take some measurements? I just can't find the time...

They are asking "Could you measure between center of studs on the front strut mount place (see the attachment). It should be three lengths."

I'm assuming the rear is not a strut assembly? I have not personally looked.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pacifica lift kit

Hi there,

The Pacifica is built of the Fiat Compact Platform which includes the Jeep Cherokee and Dodge Dart. The Company I work for manufactures a leveling(small lift) kit for those vehicles. We need someone with better than average mechanical skills to install one and check for fitment.

Any takers?

Let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Amber -

Could you provide the installation manual for us to review? That would give us a handle on how easy/moderate/difficult this installation might be for the average home mechanic.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi there,

The Pacifica is built of the Fiat Compact Platform which includes the Jeep Cherokee and Dodge Dart. The Company I work for manufactures a leveling(small lift) kit for those vehicles. We need someone with better than average mechanical skills to install one and check for fitment.

Any takers?

Let me know.
I'm actually the one who called you recently inquiring about it. I'll give you a call again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, just wondering if anyone figured out a way to lift their van? I am interested in a couple more inches of clearance as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing as bw41s. I will very likely be buying a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid this month, and I'm concerned about the road clearance because I'm going to use it as a camper van for road trips including national parks and other areas where the roads are dirt or gravel. I'm not expecting anything like off-road 4wd capabilities. I just want to drive down some bumpy roads without damaging the underside.

Has anyone actually lifted one of these things, hybrid or gas only? If so, where did you get the kit? Did you do the work yourself or have a shop do it? Did it impact your mileage? Your ride?

Thank you for any information.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a Pacifica with modified air suspensions (wheelstair modification)
I can lower the whole chassis 3" and lift it up for 3".
It works great when you drive over a road with dirt and gravel.
I can lift/lower the chassis by pressing a knob during I drive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are shops here that modify Pacificas for handicap access, but the one I called said they wouldn't lift mine. Where did you get air suspensions? I wonder if they do that in the states. Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am seriously considering the air suspension lift mentioned by martinause. It would seem to solve the problem of lower mpg with a lift, which is especially important to me with a plug-in hybrid. It looks like there are shops in my area that do this. I will post the results here if I go ahead with this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts