2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Pacifica Limited with all the bells and whistles. When I activate the Lights on with wiper option in the settings, it disables/turns off/overrides the Auto low beam dim setting. The high and low beam lights have to be manually operated. This is my third Chrysler product with both these features installed and this is the first time that they do not work together. I have taken it to 2 dealers on three separate occasions and all three times they connect the van to there computers and say everything is normal and there is nothing wrong. One service manager even hinted that "do you really need it" and what do I want for $50,000. I want everything to work. Do both of these features work in other owners 2018 Pacifica's or is this normal and both these features are not supposed to work together anymore. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. For now I have disabled the lights on with wipers (lights on with wipers are the law here in South Carolina and a great safety feature).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It automatically changes the headlights from high beam to low beam. It is under the Lights settings and I believe it is listed as Auto-dim headlights. Once you check the box you place the turn signal lever into the high beam position and it toggles the high and low beam lights according to traffic.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Does it permanently disable the automatic setting or just when the wipers are on. If you turn the wipers off completely, does it restore automatically? Does it only disable when the wipers are active?

I leave my wipers in the first intermittent position so they go on automatically, and never noticed a message like that in my 2017.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I can confirm this. When it's raining or very cloudy and the auto lights turn on, it stays on high beams. At night it works fine, even in rain

·
Registered
285 Posts
I believe the setting is for Auto High Beams (vs auto low beams). The feature does indeed work on our Pacifica with the rain sensing wiper setting on, at least as of last night.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It only disables/overrides the auto dim headlights when the wipers are on. Turn wipers off and the auto function returned to normal. There is no error or disabled message.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have the "Headlights on with Wiper" function turned on in settings. I turned it off and everything work fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have noticed the high beams turning on automatically when it is raining and the wipers are going during daytime driving.

I have been manually turning it off using the stalk when I notice this, not very happy when it happens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts