2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Does anyone have the best route for getting more discounts, etc. when buying from Hertz? I've read Hertz Gold member get $300 off, but I've also read friends and family can get a discount, and also AAA Members....

Just for conversations sake my OTD was $23,975 on June 20th.

2017 Limited in Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl at 38,500 miles with 8.4 inch RA4 radio (Nav), unconnect theater, 20 inch wheels, and KeySense which is pointless for me.
Why get the 2017? I thought it was known to have a few issues? I'm looking at a 2018 Limited for ~ $24,000 OTD w/44K miles. It doesn't have the 20", and it's not black which I think looks amazing, but it does have Android Auto which is a huge + for us. I'm so tired of dealing with car manf. idea of what nav should be like when I think Google does a superior job and doesn't charge for updates.

I'm sure the 20" wheels imply some other changes as well, but 2017's scare me a little. And I can't remember if Keysense is to open the doors, or for a teenage driver key?

Edit: Keysense is for the limited key as in for a teenager, which is useless to me also....I'll never let them drive this thing, lol.

·
Registered
2017 Limited Brilliant Black Pearl
25 Posts
Does anyone have the best route for getting more discounts, etc. when buying from Hertz? I've read Hertz Gold member get $300 off, but I've also read friends and family can get a discount, and also AAA Members....

Why get the 2017? I thought it was known to have a few issues? I'm looking at a 2018 Limited for ~ $24,000 OTD w/44K miles. It doesn't have the 20", and it's not black which I think looks amazing, but it does have Android Auto which is a huge + for us. I'm so tired of dealing with car manf. idea of what nav should be like when I think Google does a superior job and doesn't charge for updates.

I'm sure the 20" wheels imply some other changes as well, but 2017's scare me a little. And I can't remember if Keysense is to open the doors, or for a teenage driver key?

Edit: Keysense is for the limited key as in for a teenager, which is useless to me also....I'll never let them drive this thing, lol.
I got a 2017 because I couldn’t find a black limited 2018 with 20 inch wheels, deep mocha, unconnect theater, and 8 seats within 500 miles of me under 25k.

For Apple CarPlay and android auto I’ll swap the RA4 head unit for a UAV from a 2018.

Chrysler has already approved my corrosion claim for the hood.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I got a 2017 because I couldn’t find a black limited 2018 with 20 inch wheels, deep mocha, unconnect theater, and 8 seats within 500 miles of me under 25k.

For Apple CarPlay and android auto I’ll swap the RA4 head unit for a UAV from a 2018.

Chrysler has already approved my corrosion claim for the hood.
Good deal then. Do you know what the Hertz warranty is? I think it's 12 months?

Do you know what is left on the factory warranty or how that works?

Sorry, I've never in my life bought a car from a dealer, it's just a lot to go through and figure out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here’s what the manual says for the manufacturers warranties. I’m not sure what Hertz’s warranty is. You’d have to check with them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
And given that they are in bankruptcy protection??????????
I guess they can't follow through with that....lol.

So really not covered at all except for corrosion if it has 40K miles on it. That's kinda scary...

It's really a gamble I suppose. You get a nice van for under market value without any real warranty with the hope that the money you saved won't have to go into fixing it at all. I'm pretty good with a wrench, and my last Chrysler lasted a long time (especially after I put a new transmission in it), but these newer vehicles scare me some. My last was a 2003, so not quite as many bells and whistles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is my third Dodge/Chrysler van. The first was a 99 Caravan small wheel base that I drove for 6 years and then passed it to my sister in law, second one was my outgoing 2010 Routan that served us well until we were rear ended resulting in it being totaled, and now my Pacifica.
I’m confident this van will last also. The pentastar motor is a rockstar.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
238 Posts
I guess they can't follow through with that....lol.

So really not covered at all except for corrosion if it has 40K miles on it. That's kinda scary...
It is possible that what Hertz has done is purchase extended warranty plans for the purchaser. I'm sure Hertz was never doing the warranty work themselves.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This is my third Dodge/Chrysler van. The first was a 99 Caravan small wheel base that I drove for 6 years and then passed it to my sister in law, second one was my outgoing 2010 Routan that served us well until we were rear ended resulting in it being totaled, and now my Pacifica.
I’m confident this van will last also. The pentastar motor is a rockstar.
Our 2003 ran like a champ for 260K. I did change the trans, but I don't really put a lot of faith in automatics anyway. It's not the engine that scares me....it's the electronics. If something starts to go, it's like looking for a ghost. Such a pain, but you only live once. My kids are only little once, and even if I only get 6-7 years or so out of the van (I would really hope more) it will have been the best years of my kids lives for trips (10, 14, 15)....after that they'll all hate me and I can go buy something just for me:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It is possible that what Hertz has done is purchase extended warranty plans for the purchaser. I'm sure Hertz was never doing the warranty work themselves.
That would be great. I'm planning to bring it up tomorrow at the dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Quick question. Can anyone tell me the difference between the uconnect theater and just having a DVD pacakage?

I'm confused, I thought that the limited came standard with the uconnect package....so much to read and learn.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Now obviously this is for a 2017. I’m not sure if they made uconnect theater standard for 18, 19, or 20

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
240 Posts
Quick question. Can anyone tell me the difference between the uconnect theater and just having a DVD pacakage?

I'm confused, I thought that the limited came standard with the uconnect package....so much to read and learn.
The Uconnect Theater package is standard with Touring L Plus and only optional for Limited trim for 2017-2018 models (although it was standard for 2018 Hybrid Limited models). Uconnect Theater was made optional for Touring Plus trim on 2019-2020 models.

The overhead DVD player was optional for Touring Plus & Touring L trims on 2018-2020 models. This option isn't mentioned in any of the 2017 brochures, but I believe it was made available in late 2017 for those trims (along with Touring trim). I saw some 2017s that had it installed when we were shopping for our van.

The Uconnect Theater package has the two screens in the front seat headrests and a Bluray player up front under the HVAC controls. It can be controlled with the front screen.

The overhead DVD player is a standalone unit that cannot be controlled by the front screen. It's audio output is piggybacked into the front aux input jack behind the front panel. This allows audio to be played through the stereo, and if enabled, the screen will automatically switch to the aux input source when an audio signal is detected.

Both options have standard A/V and HDMI inputs, and allow you to play audio through the main audio system or through a pair of wireless (RF) headphones.

The overhead DVD player is available separately and can be added by a dealership or anyone else willing to install it.

It's a bit pricey at around $900-$1000, but it is a plug 'n play item after you get it mounted. The unit includes all the harnesses you need to connect it to the existing audio system and an existing power & ground source. I'm also pretty sure it includes a remote control and two pair of wireless headphones.

An aftermarket overhead DVD player can be installed for less than $500, but you'd still need to buy the necessary harnesses already included with the OE unit or improvise to get by without them.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

EDIT: I discovered some errors and made necessary corrections.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The Uconnect Theater package is standard with Touring L Plus and only optional for Limited trim for 2017-2018 models. The Uconnect Theater package was made optional for the lower Touring Plus & Touring L trims on 2019-2020 models.

The overhead DVD player was optional for all Touring Plus, Touring L, and Limited trims on 2017-2020 models.

The Uconnect Theater package has the two screens in the front seat headrests and a Bluray player up front under the HVAC controls. It can be controlled with the front screen.

The overhead DVD player is a standalone unit that cannot be controlled by the front screen. It's audio output is piggybacked into the front aux input jack behind the front panel. This allows audio to be played through the stereo, and if enabled, the screen will automatically switch to the aux input source when an audio signal is detected.

Both options have standard A/V and HDMI inputs, and allow you to play audio through the main audio system or through a pair of wireless (RF) headphones.

The overhead DVD player is available separately and can be added by a dealership or anyone else willing to install it.

It's a bit pricey at around $900-$1000, but it is a plug 'n play item after you get it mounted. The unit includes all the harnesses you need to connect it to the existing audio system and connect it to an existing power & ground source. I'm also pretty sure it includes a remote control and two pair of wireless headphones.

An aftermarket overhead DVD player can be installed for less than $500, but you'd still need to buy the necessary harnesses already included with the OE unit or improvise to get by without them.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

WOW. That's a ton of information, lol. Thanks.

I've been reading / researching for hours on all the different options. And I'm afraid to say my spending limit has gone up.

I'm looking for a 2018 Pacifica Touring Plus with the S package and Tri Panoramic Sunroof. I believe it has everything I want. I can live without the adaptive cruise control and the 360 camera....would be nice, but not needed...

·
Registered
25 Posts
So it comes standard on the touring L plus but is a $1,995 upgrade for the limited trim? Sounds legit 😒

·
Registered
240 Posts
WOW. That's a ton of information, lol. Thanks.

I've been reading / researching for hours on all the different options. And I'm afraid to say my spending limit has gone up.

I'm looking for a 2018 Pacifica Touring Plus with the S package and Tri Panoramic Sunroof. I believe it has everything I want. I can live without the adaptive cruise control and the 360 camera....would be nice, but not needed...
The Tri-Pane Panoramic Sunroof wasn't available for a 2018 Touring Plus. It was standard for 2018 Limited and optional for 2018 Touring L Plus.

You can download the brochures for each model year from here to see the standard equipment and available options for each trim level for each model year. Some options aren't very consistent year-to-year so what you see for one year may not be applicable to the other years. Hence, why I had to go back and edit my previous post.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The Tri-Pane Panoramic Sunroof wasn't available for a 2018 Touring Plus. It was standard for 2018 Limited and optional for 2018 Touring L Plus.

You can download the brochures for each model year from here to see the standard equipment and available options for each trim level for each model year. Some options aren't very consistent year-to-year so what you see for one year may not be applicable to the other years. Hence, why I had to go back and edit my previous post.
Understood, and thanks for the link. I did mean Touring L Plus in my previous post.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts