2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I want to send a big, heartfelt Thank You to generaltso and the rest of the members of these forums - you all collectively helped us be so informed that we signed paperwork on a new Pacifica last night and felt great about the process.

I also want to thank everyone on the car-seat thread, that gave us so much clarity about the liveability with the Pacifica that it made the choice easy.

We negotiating 15% off MSRP (I had 4 dealers fully ignore me here, it took some persistence on my part and finding a patient sales manager that really wanted to make the deal happen).

It also took some serious hunting as my requirements turned out to be pretty unique:
  • Limited
  • Bright White Ext.
  • Alloy Int.
  • 8 passenger w/ 20" rims (thanks generaltso for family seating tip!)
  • Adv. SafetyTech
  • No front license plate holder (we don't need them in AZ and I don't want the front mauled)
  • "I want to pay 15% off MSRP because I know plenty of people are getting that deal."
I searched a 200 mile radius for this build in all states that don't require front license plates (I think about 11 or so) and could only find 1 in NV (about 4 hrs from AZ) and a few in the Michigan area - which is a problem because the shipping eats up any savings we are able to negotiate.

Long story short, I ended up talking to a dealer here in AZ (Avondale Chrysler) that was really patient and supportive of making the deal work - 4 others ignored me or told me "no" while this one sales director was more than happy to make it happen by trying to work every rebate angle.

Our original goal price was $37,500 but when he came back with $38,626 we thought "what the heck" and went for it.

This dealer ended up purchasing the car from the dealer in NV, I'm sure there is a few hundred $$ in there for that, but cheaper and faster than me flying out and driving it back.

The dealership thought they would get the car today and I could come pick it up, but I would expect shipping to take longer than that so I'll followup when we actually have it in the driveway.

Thanks again everyone!

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Congrats rkalla, sounds like you got a great deal! It's awesome that you found one that had everything you want so that you don't have to wait for a new build. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Decided to purchased a loaded Pacifica Limited instead of the Hybrid since Hybrid since its first generation hybrid for Chrysler and many Options has been deleted. I shopped for 2-3 days for the best deal around. Finally offered a dealership 90 miles away 20% off from MSRP of $49,500. after much negotiations on the phone the Sales Manager called me back and offered my asking discount. $6k in dealer discount and $4k in rebates. Its an offer I can't refused. Drove 2 hours in rainy weather with my family. After 4 hours in the dealership with Us walking away form a dishonest Sales Manager, another sales rep took us to another building and closed the deal. MSRP $49,500 minus $6k in dealer discount with $4k in Chrysler rebates and $500 in USAA discount, our cost was $39,000 plus sales taxes and fees. total $43,450 out the door. Not a bad price. This dealership has a few bad apples so it will not get an endorsement from me.

The Harman Kardon Speakers, with power seats, and stow in go I think I can't wait for the Hybrid 2-3 years from now when more options are available and I can trade in the Limited without losing much on the trade.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
MSRP $49,500 minus $6k in dealer discount with $4k in Chrysler rebates and $500 in USAA discount, our cost was $39,000 plus sales taxes and fees. total $43,450 out the door.
That's a fantastic price! I'm guessing you didn't use the Sam's Club rebate since you used the one from USAA? Not that you needed an extra discount at that price! :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
The A-hole Sales Manager that we dealt with in beginning insisted that they both value $500 even though my papers says $1,000. I was finish arguing since we were going to walk away when he insisted that the discount only apply why finance through them but when we talked on the phone before coming he knew that I had pre approval from my bank and I didn't plan to finance with Chrysler. He told me that if I finance with Chrysler I was going to get extra $500 rebate if not then just the other rebates applies. He changed his story when we arrived. The entire time we were signing papers he had us fill out a credit form and he insisted that it will only be use for DMV purposes and not pull our credit report. He lied and pulled it anyway and offered us a decent but higher interest rate before signing the contract. My wife and I looked at each other when we saw our credit report and a finance offer sheet. Then the Sales Manager persisted to make us look like idiots for thinking that we were going to get that amount of a discount without agreeing to finance with them. Another sales rep apologized and met us in our car as we were about to leave and brought us to another building. They agreed on the original terms and we finance with our bank. by that time we were done since our 1 1/2 trip back home was going to be 4-5 hrs due to freeway closure because of flooding. 10 hours of a nightmare with my family, guess $1k/hr is not bad.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was just going to post the same thing... what you described in detail in your last post is a nightmare - but god you made them pay for it... that is a HECK of a deal.

Nicely done!

·
Registered
180 Posts
A couple of really good deals ITT. Congratulations!

Dealing with the dealerships is one reason I haven't been too excited to get a new vehicle.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congratulations.. Great Price...

Yes this forum helped me with a target price I wanted before I went into the dealers and I got close to it and made the deal, tho they somehow had to throw in Nitrogen Tires and some Window Etching for theft insurance or something..

·
Registered
189 Posts
I really hope I get a great deal like you guys when I'm ready to buy my Limited

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow

Just super curious, what was your OTD price?

My wife and I want to send a big, heartfelt Thank You to generaltso and the rest of the members of these forums - you all collectively helped us be so informed that we signed paperwork on a new Pacifica last night and felt great about the process.

I also want to thank everyone on the car-seat thread, that gave us so much clarity about the liveability with the Pacifica that it made the choice easy.

We negotiating 15% off MSRP (I had 4 dealers fully ignore me here, it took some persistence on my part and finding a patient sales manager that really wanted to make the deal happen).

It also took some serious hunting as my requirements turned out to be pretty unique:
  • Limited
  • Bright White Ext.
  • Alloy Int.
  • 8 passenger w/ 20" rims (thanks generaltso for family seating tip!)
  • Adv. SafetyTech
  • No front license plate holder (we don't need them in AZ and I don't want the front mauled)
  • "I want to pay 15% off MSRP because I know plenty of people are getting that deal."
I searched a 200 mile radius for this build in all states that don't require front license plates (I think about 11 or so) and could only find 1 in NV (about 4 hrs from AZ) and a few in the Michigan area - which is a problem because the shipping eats up any savings we are able to negotiate.

Long story short, I ended up talking to a dealer here in AZ (Avondale Chrysler) that was really patient and supportive of making the deal work - 4 others ignored me or told me "no" while this one sales director was more than happy to make it happen by trying to work every rebate angle.

Our original goal price was $37,500 but when he came back with $38,626 we thought "what the heck" and went for it.

This dealer ended up purchasing the car from the dealer in NV, I'm sure there is a few hundred $$ in there for that, but cheaper and faster than me flying out and driving it back.

The dealership thought they would get the car today and I could come pick it up, but I would expect shipping to take longer than that so I'll followup when we actually have it in the driveway.

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Limited

I am sort of in a buyer remorse a little. Did not do my homework. Apparently Limited comes with Moon Roof, Memory Seat, auto tilt side mirror when reverse, Power Stow&Go on the 3rd row. Napa Leather. Bigger rims. HID Headlamps, LED strip for DRL. Chrome and turning signal side mirrors. All these is definitely worth $6k more. Did I leave anything out? FYI: I got Tour-L Plus with Advance tech, flat tire pkg and wireless Mopar charging pad. 17'Wheel. Hands-free doors and liftgate. Uconnect 8.4.

If I didn't get such a good deal on it I might be depress right about now. My OTD was $35800.

Just super curious, what was your OTD price?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am sort of in a buyer remorse a little. Did not do my homework. Apparently Limited comes with Moon Roof, Memory Seat, auto tilt side mirror when reverse, Power Stow&Go on the 3rd row. Napa Leather. Bigger rims. HID Headlamps, LED strip for DRL. Chrome and turning signal side mirrors. All these is definitely worth $6k more. Did I leave anything out? FYI: I got Tour-L Plus with Advance tech, flat tire pkg and wireless Mopar charging pad. 17'Wheel. Hands-free doors and liftgate. Uconnect 8.4.

If I didn't get such a good deal on it I might be depress right about now. My OTD was $35800.
(don't forget the vacuum)

I think to some degree buyer's remorse is pretty common... I've had it on about half the cars I've bought and the other half was somewhere between neutral/excitement... but the remorse part is pretty **** common.

Your OTD is solid - assuming you needed the van (Family?) you did great. If it's the kind of thing that is going to bother you for a long time, find a good dealer near you and just have a "what if" conversation with them and see what kind of numbers they can put together for you... if it's $6-7k more to get into your 'dream' van AND the money isn't an issue, go for it.

The only thing I would suggest watching out for is the auto start/stop system in the late Jan 2017 and beyond builds... it's listed as "Customer Preferred Package 27" (instead of 25) and then clearly spelled out in the window sticker.

Car "problems" are easy to fix, they just almost never make financial sense :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well I believe we should count Final prices before OTD because each state and area has different tax rates so I paid around 8.25% for mine! I seen LA Mirada around Orange County with 10%.. LOL

Only thing I was not too happy with after was that they added $800 for Window Etching (Security/Insurance) and Nitrogen Tires under my nose.. Didn't catch it at the end because we were so tired with the kids, we got very close to the price we wanted but they added it and I didn't notice it and rejected it..But overall I am happy.. we still got a great price..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Otd

That's why when I negotiating between dealers I always ask for OTD price. My car tax was $1400 here in VA and about $60 TTL. So, OTD before TTL was roughly around $34340. MSRP was $43690.

Afterward, I went to see the quote from Truecar and they had $500 from Amex, don't know if I could have applied those in had I know about it earlier.

Oh, my Tour-L plus have Keysense too.

Well I believe we should count Final prices before OTD because each state and area has different tax rates so I paid around 8.25% for mine! I seen LA Mirada around Orange County with 10%.. LOL

Only thing I was not too happy with after was that they added $800 for Window Etching (Security/Insurance) and Nitrogen Tires under my nose.. Didn't catch it at the end because we were so tired with the kids, we got very close to the price we wanted but they added it and I didn't notice it and rejected it..But overall I am happy.. we still got a great price..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Higher and better

I think I read somewhere that Limited also have a better and higher resolution screen, not sure the front or the 10 inches. Oh my came with 8 seats so no moonroof for me :frown2:

Oh limited have power folding 3rd row headrest, almost forgot about it. Not sure about trailer hitch is that a standard on all Limited?

Just came from carwash and I wish I had power folding mirror. Apparently see minor scratch on the side mirror already!

Ahh finally Limited have Chrome roof rails.

(don't forget the vacuum)

I think to some degree buyer's remorse is pretty common... I've had it on about half the cars I've bought and the other half was somewhere between neutral/excitement... but the remorse part is pretty **** common.

Your OTD is solid - assuming you needed the van (Family?) you did great. If it's the kind of thing that is going to bother you for a long time, find a good dealer near you and just have a "what if" conversation with them and see what kind of numbers they can put together for you... if it's $6-7k more to get into your 'dream' van AND the money isn't an issue, go for it.

The only thing I would suggest watching out for is the auto start/stop system in the late Jan 2017 and beyond builds... it's listed as "Customer Preferred Package 27" (instead of 25) and then clearly spelled out in the window sticker.

Car "problems" are easy to fix, they just almost never make financial sense :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts