2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is it standard to have the uconnect theater on the touring l plus but option on limted.

im struggling to find the right van with what i want.....thought i was right there until i noticed that

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
It is a little weird that they did it that way. As to why, only Chrysler knows that. To add to the weirdness, Uconnect Theater is NOT standard on the Touring L Plus in Canada. Why the difference? Who knows?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wonder how good the thearter is.....if the games and things can be updated or once the kids play a few times they will be bored....

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Depends on the age of your kids. I wouldn't get Uconnect Theater for the games, but it's great to play movies for kids that are too young to control their own tablets.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think it's nice you can get a limited without the theater.
IMHO, the theater is definitely not useful for everyone. For example, our kids are still in rear facing car seats and we try to limit their screen time.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
I think it's nice you can get a limited without the theater.
Right, I don't think it's weird that you can get a Limited without Uconnect Theater. I do think it's weird that you can't get a Touring L Plus without it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Depends on the age of your kids. I wouldn't get Uconnect Theater for the games, but it's great to play movies for kids that are too young to control their own tablets.

Planning on purchasing a Limited in the near future but, Im in the same dilemma for long trips, what would be ideal Uconnect Theater or 4g enabled Tablets? Since most of my children are into Netflix or other streaming media anyway. I have also read that now netflix allows downloading content to devices for offline viewing

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
what would be ideal Uconnect Theater or 4g enabled Tablets? Since most of my children are into Netflix or other streaming media anyway. I have also read that now netflix allows downloading content to devices for offline viewing
Cell service isn't good enough near me to stream reliably. But my older kids downloaded a bunch of stuff from Netflix to their iPads for our last trip. It worked great for them, but I was glad to have Uconnect Theater for my 2 year old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts