2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
It’s sad to see how far back this thread goes.
I have a 2017 Pacifica and it has around 15k (got it in May 2018). We use the car for road trips mostly and just general around the town activities.

About a week ago I noticed the same behavior. The way I described it was rough sound and feel when accelerating, mainly under stress like up a small hill and in lower gears. It sounds like my old F150 w a v8.
I also can feel it in the gas pedal. I would say an almost grinding feel.

I have had prior minivans go through a few transmissions and we took a break and went to small SUVs...but after some great reviews we decided on this van. I really hope we don’t have another lemon.

I did look under the hood and don’t see any obvious parts disconnected but I’m no expert for sure.

The tech doesn’t have an apt for a little over two weeks and I didn’t want to drive and make matters worse. There is no engine or warning light at this time...

If anyone ever figured out what this was/could be then I’d love to know.
Hi Gary_LaF,

We're very sorry to hear of this happening with your vehicle. If you'd like to get into the dealer sooner, you may locate one here: https://www.chrysler.com/find-dealer.html. Also, if you'd like further assistance while your vehicle is in for service, please feel free to send us a private message as we would be glad to escalate a case for you.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2017 Pacifica. I just got my van back November 11th from taking it in because of my start/stop battery quit working causing several things to malfunction and when driving you could hear a rattle on driver side front end (to me it sounds like tire could fall off at any time or something loose under hood). The dealership replaced the stabilizer bar and said that solved 90% of the sound and replaced battery. After 1 day the sound is back and now when you accelerate my van sounds like a truck. Me and my family were under a overpass and as im taking off I was looking around for a truck, and realized it was my van sounding like this!! My husband then drove it and we sounded like a full on truck racing. He is now on his way to the dealership to have someone ride with him so he can let them hear it. **The van did not make this sound until after they fixed whatever trying to fix the rattle sound. I have not had this van a year and this will be the 3rd time taking it in. The 1st time the van had a rattle on passenger side they said bolts on frame were broken and screws in seat were broken. the passenger seat still pops when even a child sits in the seat. Has anyone fixed their truck sounding vans and if so what was the issue? I have sent my husband parts of this forum to show the dealership about the air duct intake part to be checked. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am so surprised, but they actually figured this out today. I know this thread or the other thread about this, mentioned the air intake duct, which I checked, and mine was there and seated properly (the top part that connects to the front grill area looked fine).

I thought for sure this was related to the transmission, because if you are in park and rev the engine from 2K to 3K it was silky smooth/no noise. Anyway, the dealership figured out that the air intake box was not seated properly (not the front part at grill, but some other part of the square box). One side has screws and one side has tabs or something. So they seated it properly and viola no groaning truck sound from 2k to 3k RPM! Somehow at the last oil change they did this. I don't know why they were messing around in that area, but owell.

I am literally in shock they figured it out. I am used to the dealer run-around. So I gotta hand it to Troncalli CDJR in Cumming GA for actually trying and not dismissing this(Thanks Christian). It was getting really annoying and now it is quiet again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This intake duct comes out to replace the batteries. With so many people having battery issues, I'm not surprised that this would be a common issue.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts