2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will i get a loaner if the PacHy is stuck at the dealership for weeks over some nonsense where they can't figure out what is going on ?

what would that depend on ? do i have to make sure i bring it for repairs to same dealership where i bought it from ? does it matter ?

PS: i don't care WHAT they give me as a loaner as long as they give me something.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless you happened to purchase one of the MaxCare warranties this will most likely be at your dealers discretion.
so the MaxCare includes loaners ?

does MaxCare kick in after the original warranty expires or is it effective as soon as you drive off the lot ?

say i get MaxCare with new PacHy and 3 days later it goes back in the shop - do i get a loaner ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
so the MaxCare includes loaners ?

does MaxCare kick in after the original warranty expires or is it effective as soon as you drive off the lot ?

say i get MaxCare with new PacHy and 3 days later it goes back in the shop - do i get a loaner ?
Yes, max care does include loaners. 35 dollar allowance per day for a maximum of 175 dollars (5 days). It does take a little time for the paperwork to get put in the system (at least mine did) so 3 days later after purchase it might be assigned to your VIN.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
will i get a loaner if the PacHy is stuck at the dealership for weeks over some nonsense where they can't figure out what is going on ?

what would that depend on ? do i have to make sure i bring it for repairs to same dealership where i bought it from ? does it matter ?

PS: i don't care WHAT they give me as a loaner as long as they give me something.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, max care does include loaners. 35 dollar allowance per day for a maximum of 175 dollars (5 days). It does take a little time for the paperwork to get put in the system (at least mine did) so 3 days later after purchase it might be assigned to your VIN.

when PacHy goes into the shop it is usually for a month or so ...

also what is 35 dollars ? a minivan rents for about $100 / day here in NY. multiply that by a month. $175 ? for real ?

i don't get it ...

·
Registered
91 Posts

also what is 35 dollars ? a minivan rents for about $100 / day here in NY. multiply that by a month. $175 ? for real ?

i don't get it ...
Yeah, it is a little disappointing on the loaner coverage. I work at a Chrysler dealer here in Phoenix. We don't offer loaner cars however we have Enterprise on site and they rent anything for 35 dollars a day. I've seen everything from trucks to minivans that they rent. It might be a contract thing they have with Chrysler. Just like medical insurance, prices change dramatically when insurance companys are involved.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

i don't get it ...

Usually if your dealership provides their own loaners, just get that. Also as mentioned above, their contracts with rental agencies mean they can provide a car to you at much lower rates than available for general public.
If you buy the maxcare warranty, it applies after the original warranty ends, but you get immediate benefit of the loaner aspect.
BTW my dealership provided me with a loaner minivan for two days until my custom ordered Pacifica reached the dealership. I hadn’t even thought about the extended warranty at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
On a somewhat related note, what is the procedure for getting a tow when the vehicle dies? Do you call a nearby dealer and they make arrangements, or is there a 24-hour, 1-800 number direct to Chrysler where they contact a local tow company who then picks the vehicle up?

I've been getting some funky readouts on the dash screen where it goes to the default 'Hybrid' screen and the red lightning bolt. It's all gone away and returned to normal soon enough, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up being a victim of the dreaded 12v death syndrome in the near future.

In fact, enough 12v batteries seem to be dying and causing other, down-stream problems, maybe FCA should be issuing a wholesale recall of all 12v hybrid batteries. There definitely seems to be a problem, primarily with PacHys that have been sitting on the lot for a while before being sold.

And just waiting for the inevitable looks like it makes things worse. I want to be ready with the POC info already loaded up in my phone.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
On a somewhat related note, what is the procedure for getting a tow when the vehicle dies? Do you call a nearby dealer and they make arrangements, or is there a 24-hour, 1-800 number direct to Chrysler where they contact a local tow company who then picks the vehicle up?

I've been getting some funky readouts on the dash screen where it goes to the default 'Hybrid' screen and the red lightning bolt. It's all gone away and returned to normal soon enough, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up being a victim of the dreaded 12v death syndrome in the near future.

In fact, enough 12v batteries seem to be dying and causing other, down-stream problems, maybe FCA should be issuing a wholesale recall of all 12v hybrid batteries. There definitely seems to be a problem, primarily with PacHys that have been sitting on the lot for a while before being sold.

And just waiting for the inevitable looks like it makes things worse. I want to be ready with the POC info already loaded up in my phone.
I don't have a hybrid, but if you suspect that the regular van battery (or any battery) is going bad, have the service department check it and replace it under warranty. My regular van battery was replaced at about 28 months before it died and left me stranded.
From what I've read, towing a hybrid can be tricky.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/537445-post6.html

There should be a Chrysler Roadside Assistance number you can call depending on whether you are in the U.S. or Canada. Read the entire page on the linked info below. I noticed at the bottom that, "Pacific Hybrid Electric Vehicles that cannot be driven due to failure of a part covered by the Hybrid System Limited Warranty will be eligible for standard towing coverage up to 15 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first."
Here is a link with some info about Roadside Assistance.
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/services/roadside-assistance.html

I doubt if the dealer will be able to assist you with towing, but I would call the dealer where the van is being towed to alert them that it is on its way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't have a hybrid, but if you suspect that the regular van battery (or any battery) is going bad, have the service department check it and replace it under warranty. My regular van battery was replaced at about 28 months before it died and left me stranded.
From what I've read, towing a hybrid can be tricky.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/537445-post6.html

There should be a Chrysler Roadside Assistance number you can call depending on whether you are in the U.S. or Canada. Read the entire page on the linked info below. I noticed at the bottom that, "Pacific Hybrid Electric Vehicles that cannot be driven due to failure of a part covered by the Hybrid System Limited Warranty will be eligible for standard towing coverage up to 15 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first."
Here is a link with some info about Roadside Assistance.
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/services/roadside-assistance.html

I doubt if the dealer will be able to assist you with towing, but I would call the dealer where the van is being towed to alert them that it is on its way.
Thanks. The supplied link had the phone number I was looking for. Sadly, I'm thinking it's something all PacHy owners should have available in their contacts list.

At the very least, I would hope that Roadside Assistance has a list of local tow companies that are trained and qualified to tow a PacHy without damaging it. Reports of having stuck parking-pawl vehicles dragged across garages and driveways aren't enouraging.

As to having the 12v of a PacHy checked, does anyone know the difficulty of having that done? I would think it's a relatively quick and simple procedure that could be done while you wait. But, who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if it was something that might take a while, considering the complexity of the system.

·
Registered
811 Posts
To go back to loaners -- a call to the Chysler Customer line 866-275-1420 should be made. They don't assist in rentals, but when you give your Repair Order number and VIN and dealer, they establish the case. You should get at least the $35/day. They can extend it as well. Bonus -- they will usually nag the dealer for a quick resolution. Next, tell the rental company WHEN YOU RENT that your van is in the shop and probably will be covered -- you should get a substantial discount.

WRT to the 12V battery-- at least on the gas version you can see the voltage in the information display (scroll the tire pressure display.) On mine, it usually is over 14 volts when running. Turn off the engine, wait a few seconds, and press the start button to back to run WITH YOUR FOOT OFF THE BRAKE. It should be abut 12 volts (make sure headlights are off.) [Don't forget to go back of OFF afterwards.] Low readings could indicate trouble. These batteries go dead with little warning -- you usually do not hear the slow cranking that we used to hear on older cars without fuel injection. You can also go to one of the auto chains and ask for a load test of the battery -- I think it is usually free, but I think there are posts that even that is not always conclusive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, it is a little disappointing on the loaner coverage. I work at a Chrysler dealer here in Phoenix. We don't offer loaner cars however we have Enterprise on site and they rent anything for 35 dollars a day. I've seen everything from trucks to minivans that they rent. It might be a contract thing they have with Chrysler. Just like medical insurance, prices change dramatically when insurance companys are involved.

This is truly disappointing. I have a 2013 Volt that went through several dealer visits early on for similar issues as the Pacifica is going through now including a 2 week stay that finally cured its woes. I don't know what I would have done without the simple and complete loaner program. This was at no extra cost to me. Have been thinking about a Pac Hy but this could be a show stopper.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts