2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
A couple of routes to the TrueCar $500 incentive (Sam's/Costco, USAA, etc). There should still be a $1750 FCA incentive going on (maybe it's increased?). So that's $2250. The rest is what you can get from the dealer. I got $1200 but YRMV. Probably can do better if you buy one off the lot, though I'm not sure many dealers will have PacHys sitting on their lots. If factory ordering, you're looking mainly at those I mentioned earlier, plus whatever you can negotiate with the dealership. May be an issue with supply if you're doing a factory order, so be prepared for that possibility. Then, of course, there's the $7500 from the IRS, but only if you owe $7500 in taxes in 2020 (taxes filing in Jan-Apr 2021) AFTER all your other deductions. Fortunately it didn't hurt me in the end, but that's something that I didn't think about until I was filing my taxes this year: your standard deduction, child tax credits, everything like that....make sure there's still $7500 in taxes due after those are deducted or you won't be able to claim the whole credit.
so that’s something I won’t know I guess till the end of the year.

·
Registered
329 Posts
no, but standard deductions and child tax credits are static from year to year (more or less), so the big ones you should be able to anticipate.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The advertisement at 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Minivan | MPG, Range & More has changed and is now saying stuff like "$2364 below msrp + $4444 in financial savings" but looking at the details it appears the $1750 cash allowance is unchanged and they're referring to some "family price" that I don't know what it means. They do say 0% APR for well-qualified buyers, but it looks like that is mutually exclusive with the $1750 incentive.

$4444 is supposedly what 0% saves you, compared to the 3.9% APR normal financing, for $45000 over 60 months. But that doesn't take into account that you don't get the $1750 so the real savings would be ~$2700. If you can get a better loan at other places, the savings would be even less, but you'd have to find a loan at 1.5% or less for it to make sense to not take the 0%.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Steve (SW pac lim) is one of the few (several) people who opted to buy the Pacifica limited but unfortunately got burned by its quality issues. I have nothing other than sympathy for them. It has to be noted that this is not an isolated issue with FCA. With regards to the ride comfort, please understand that SUVs and minivans ride differently. SUVs have high center of gravity and a raised floor which inherently gives it better insulation from the road noise. The higher end SUVs definitely exceed the minivan in that aspect. My 2014 Acura RDX still has a much better NVH comfort than my 2018 Pacifica. I’m sure that the larger SUV should not be much different either. But that doesn’t make an SUV better than a minivan. People who buy minivans buy it for a reason and SUVs cannot beat that. I recently had gotten a free 8 seater dining table (with chairs) from an acquaintance and after taking the measurements I realized that my Pacifica was a perfect fit for that. I along with a friend of mine managed to move the entire thing in one trip without any glitches at all. I cannot imagine any other personal vehicle being able to do that so effortlessly. My other option would have been to rent a U-Haul Van, but I loathe to spend on transportation for a stuff which I got free.
One other factor which we have to consider is that everyone feels the ride comfort differently. I for one prefer a soft and quiet ride with powerful engine and to me that means luxury. Several others prefer a sporty ride and like to hear the engine noise which makes their juices flow. To each their own. The Pacifica rides really well but has a tad higher/ rougher engine noise than I prefer.
SUVs and minivans are slightly different vehicles and each serve a different purpose. Now if you were to compare within the realm of minivans you’ll be hard-pressed to find another minivan which has all the features and comforts of the Pacifica. The current Odyssey comes close but it doesn’t feel as luxurious as Pacifica and that was the reason I didn’t buy it. Compared to my Acura, the Odyssey felt like a C-RV.
Most of the issues I had with Pacifica are electric related.
One RES screen needed replacement. Sliding door closing issue (widely discussed in this forum) looks like finally settled with the second attempt, one rear
Seat reclining switch replaced.
These are hardly deal breakers but minor issues nonetheless (for a brand new vehicle) which evoked more than a passing glance from my wife. :D. Overall she is very happy with my decision to go with Pacifica.

·
Registered
506 Posts
With regards to the ride comfort, please understand that SUVs and minivans ride differently. SUVs have high center of gravity and a raised floor which inherently gives it better insulation from the road noise. The higher end SUVs definitely exceed the minivan in that aspect.
This depends on what sort of an SUV you're talking about. Modern 3 row crossovers and Minivans are the same sort of thing, in fact they're on the same platform depending on the carmaker (Pilot/Odyssey, Highlander/Sienna, etc). There are also many, many very quiet and soft riding sedans that are just as low to the ground as a Pacifica.

The Pacifica just isn't a great riding vehicle IMHO, its not a bad riding vehicle its just not an area where it stands out.

But that doesn’t make an SUV better than a minivan. People who buy minivans buy it for a reason and SUVs cannot beat that.
"Better overall" depends on the buyers needs and wants. A minivan is absolutely better at hauling people and stuff, but IMHO thats the only places where they excel.
One other factor which we have to consider is that everyone feels the ride comfort differently. I for one prefer a soft and quiet ride with powerful engine and to me that means luxury.
Same.

Now if you were to compare within the realm of minivans you’ll be hard-pressed to find another minivan which has all the features and comforts of the Pacifica. The current Odyssey comes close but it doesn’t feel as luxurious as Pacifica and that was the reason I didn’t buy it.
Totally agree.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
This depends on what sort of an SUV you're talking about. Modern 3 row crossovers and Minivans are the same sort of thing, in fact they're on the same platform depending on the carmaker (Pilot/Odyssey, Highlander/Sienna, etc). There are also many, many very quiet and soft riding sedans that are just as low to the ground as a Pacifica.
The Pacifica just isn't a great riding vehicle IMHO, its not a bad riding vehicle its just not an area where it stands out.
I see where you’re coming from but there isn’t an existing minivan which rides significantly better than Pacifica. Maybe we should wait for the new Sienna and if it changes these factors then I’ll agree with you.

"Better overall" depends on the buyers needs and wants.
True.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I see where you’re coming from but there isn’t an existing minivan which rides significantly better than Pacifica. Maybe we should wait for the new Sienna and if it changes these factors then I’ll agree with you.
I agree, thats not because you can't make minivans ride better though.

My business partner just bought a new Palisade today, I was with him when he got it was about a 30 mile drive home. Definitely more comfortable and better riding than the Pacifica. Dealer is going to let me know when he gets another Limited.

BTW, we got it for MSRP, which is a win because most places are still doing markups.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts