2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, been a long time visitor, but I am close to pulling the trigger on a 2020 Pacifica Launch Edition here in Canada. Currently all 2020 Pacificas have an extra 20% discount off MSRP + $750 cash back. Now, I do have access to the FCA Employee pricing via my wife(thank you!). Given the 2021s are here, I'm down to slim pickings and I do prefer the styling of the 2020, plus the extra 5% off versus the 2021 deal ~ 15% off MSRP.

I know most of the deals I searched seem to be in the US, but here's the breakdown of the vehicle I have my eye on:

2020 Pacifica Launch Edition
13-Speaker Alpine Sound Group - $1,495
Luxury White Pearl$100
KeySense Programmable Key Fob - $200
Advanced SafetyTec Group - $1,995
Trailer Tow Group - 3,600 lb Rating - $800
MOPAR Interior Protection Package $895
Monotone Paint Application - $0
Radio: Uconnect 4C Nav w/8.4" Display - $0
SafetyTec Group - $0
Leather-Faced Bucket Seats w/Perforation & S Logo - $0
Black w/Lt Diesel Grey St - $0
Quick Order Package 27L - $0

Additional Charges Destination Charge. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $1,895
Federal Green Levy. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $0
Federal A/C Excise Tax. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $100
TOTAL PRICE. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . *$57,570

The deal they have online is:

MSRP$57,570
FCA Incentive -$12,264
Dealer Discount -$1,472
Your Price $43,834 + tax and licensing ($49,532)

Can anyone comment how far am I from invoice pricing? I was given a verbal offer stating that it would be $48K tax in (13% tax with 2.99%) with the invoice pricing, which is just $1500 more than the deal they placed online. I'm not familiar with Chrysler offers, but have anyone ever seen them raise the discount to 25%? I ask because I see Grand Caravan's are at this rate at this moment here in Canada.

Is there anything above that could be negated or nulled? Also regarding invoice pricing, I presume there's no further 'wiggle room' given it is at cost, unless the dealership is willing to cut a loss? My last question regarding the employee rate, some have suggested that to not play this card until price is given - why? Wouldn't the answer still be the at cost amount no matter if it was presented prior to the back and forth dealing?

Lastly, a similar package deal at another dealer, minus the Mopar Interior Protection package is being offered on a 2020 Ceramic Grey. I know it's based on own opinion, but if the Luxury White or Ceramic Grey were the only choices, what would you pick?

Hope someone can chime in and thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
If your not choosy go with one that cuts you the biggest deal . Invoice pricing is nothing more than a way to sell cars . Let’s be honest no dealer is going to show you what they actually pay for the car , invoice and all the rebates and incentives from the company to move the car . But remember dealer levels are low so no dealer is really racing to unload cars at a loss . You do have some wiggle room in the deal but just remember that admin fees , extras is where they are going to move the numbers around . Bottom line pay what your comfortable with but remember that that 20 when driven off lot will sink in value as the new 21 have been vastly upgraded in the right areas . Good luck

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Launch, 2015 VW GTI PP
6 Posts
Hi, in the first couple of weeks of January I purchased a Launch with the advanced safetytec group, 13 speaker alpine audio, dealer installed mopar tow hitch, but excluding the manufacturer tow package, $100 luxury white pearl paint, key fob, mopar protection package. I paid ~$49500. So, I think you would be getting a better deal than me particularly for the manufacturer installed tow package. I didn't want the Mopar mats (bought weathertechs), nor did I need a 3rd key fob.

I bought a ceramic grey van. I think the luxury pearl white looks better when clean, but probably shows the dirt a lot more, and in time rust spots. I still like the grey. I look at it ... wishing I had somewhere to drive it to, but still in stay-at-home order.

Just a word of note, I have had a devil of a time trying to get winter wheels and tires. I've had it at the dealer twice and AG&R without them being able to get steel wheels to fit over the Launch's oversized brake calipers. Dealer is to try again this week with after-market alloys.

Also, they quoted $3K or so for an extended warranty which didn't make financial sense to me.

Yes, the year will automatically cause the resale value for a 2020 will be less than a 2021, so factor that in to the deal you think you are getting. To me, the cost of a new 2021 AWD spec'd the way I want exceeded the cost for this 2020 more than the resale price difference 10 years from now.

Hope that helps you some.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
947 Posts
Also, they quoted $3K or so for an extended warranty which didn't make financial sense to me.
Being the first year of the AWD, it might be wise to look into some kind of extended warranty. Just be sure anything you look at or choose does cover the AWD components.

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Launch, 2015 VW GTI PP
6 Posts
Agree, I should look at it again and try to get what the extended warranty actually covered. The $3K plus tax was for a 5 yr warranty which runs concurrent with the factory warranty, at least that is what I understood from the dealer. FCA already provides a 5 yr warranty for the powertrain which seems to include the AWD system. I didn't even ask what they would charge for a 7 yr extended warranty. As others have shown, the price seems different from different dealers too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts