2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a pre owned 2017 Pacifica Touring L 6 days ago. The van has 26,000 moles on it. Today, while driving down I-70 at approximately 70mph the van suddenly lost power steering, and the display showed; “Power steering unavailable. Service immediately.” Then moments later, the power steering came back. And, approximately 5 minutes later the power steering went out again. And, then a few minutes later it came back on. We dropped the vehicle off at the nearest service center. But, the service people looked perplexed when I told them what happened. So, we’ll see how it goes. My fiance’ who is 32 weeks pregnant was driving the van, and with my two year old son in the van also when this occurred. At 70 mph, on a notoriously busy interstate, surrounded by semi trucks. So, I’m really worried about her driving the van with the kids now. We just spent all this money on a van, thinking we it would be a good, safe vehicle for our family. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our family had the same exact issue with our 2018 Pacifica last week and are waiting on word from the dealership. (We were going on vacation and had the vehicle towed to where it was purchased.) It's been about a week and we haven't heard anything yet. I totally hear you about the safety concerns. We weren't about to push our luck with three kids in the car.

Have you heard anything from the service team yet?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Was the issue resolved?
Have you had a problem with your power steering? There was a recall issued in May 2019 for certain Chrysler Pacifica minivans manufactured from Oct. 11, 2016, through Nov. 20, 2018. (Manufacture date is on the edge of driver's door.) Here is some info and a thread if you are interested.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2019/RCLRPT-19V348-4704.PDF
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/193-2017-chrysler-pacifica-minivan-general-discussion/43249-new-recall-pacifica-engine-stalling.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

1 - 4 of 4 Posts