2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help both of my headlights are foggy I brought to a mechanic he said the assembly's are fogged up the bulbs are fine. Out of warranty. He quotes 1000.00 to replace both.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I checked with my service manager on this. He suggested pull it in the garage or some where warm with the garage door cracked and leave the lights on for 20 minutes.
This may clear it up. If not then yes you will need new assembly's. Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only Cover Your Chrysler Pacifica With A Factory Backed Chrysler Extended Warranty.
Buy Direct And Save Chrysler Factory Warranty - Your #1 Source for Extended Coverage for Chrysler Vehicles

·
Registered
261 Posts
Are they fogged as in actual condensation on the inside, or fogged as in hazed by UV? If the former then yeah, take it inside (or outside in the sun if it's dry), remove the covers behind the bulbs, and leave them on. However, the fact that you have water intrusion means either some cover wasn't on properly or you have a crack somewhere. If you can't find that, it'll come back.

If the latter, there are headlight restoration polish kits you can buy. If it's not too bad, a buffing cloth and some PlastX will do wonders.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Help both of my headlights are foggy I brought to a mechanic he said the assembly's are fogged up the bulbs are fine. Out of warranty. He quotes 1000.00 to replace both.
Hi cwarren,

We are sorry to hear this! What is the model year of your vehicle? Please feel free to follow up via private message as we would be happy to look into this further.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts