2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past few weeks we’ve had a few cold (below freezing) mornings here in Nashville, and I thought I’d pass on the behavior I’ve observed.

Upon leaving my garage (temperature usually above 50°F), the ICE is off. As soon as the outdoor temperature reading on the dash reaches 32°F, the ICE turns on. The ICE stays on until the cooling water temperature reaches 168°F (about 75C) and then shuts off. The ICE says off until the temperature drops to something below 120°F before restarting. My trips this morning weren’t long enough for the water temperature to drop that low, and I can’t remember the exact number from a few weeks ago.

Don’t know if someone has already reported this, or if it differs with the experience of others, but I thought I’d pass it on.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Fuelscience, you are overthinking your morning trips.
Although you could measure your exhaust gas temperature both at the converter and at the tailpipe and let us know.
Rendler spindle lag times and spool up speeds would also be interesting.

·
Registered
348 Posts
There is a known issue right now with some hybrids getting oscillating between gas/electric. Mine is doing this and does it more so when its colder out. There are multiple threads about this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a known issue right now with some hybrids getting oscillating between gas/electric. Mine is doing this and does it more so when its colder out. There are multiple threads about this.
I know that this is normal. I just didn't know if anyone had identified the water temperature numbers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts