2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2018 Pacifica that has been great so far other than a couple of glitches.
A few months back, perhaps around the time of the iOS 12 release (?), when connected via Bluetooth, the incoming ring from her iPhone 7 is almost inaudible. We have tried adjusting the volume on the U-Connect during the incoming ring, but even at full volume, the sound is very soft coming through the speakers. Previously, it worked fine.
If connected via USB/Carplay, the incoming ring volume is normal.

I have tried connecting my iPhone 6, and other iPhones ( another 7 and an X) and the same problem happens.

If I pair my wife's phone to my 2019 Cherokee with the similar U-Connect 4C, her phone rings properly on the Jeep through Bluetooth.

We had her dealer look into the issue, and they told me that this is normal. (It's not... and it's not how the vehicle worked for several months.)

I had stopped by a local dealer today to get an oil change in the Jeep, and tried paring my phone to a new 2018 Pacifica Limited S with the same equipment as my wifes. The incoming volume was also very low. This leads me to conclude that this is a U-Connect issue unique to the Pacifica.

Have others had this problem? If so, is there a solve?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see I got 60 views with no replies. Perhaps anyone with a 2018 with the UConnect 4C NAV and using an iPhone can post if they are still getting normal rings via Bluetooth, or if they are having the same problem.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having a similar problem but with the sound directions from the navigation program. I have a 2018 and we have had no problems with it until September when we were on a trip and I was using my IPhone5. All at once, the navigation directions would only come out of the driver's side door speaker and at a low volume making it impossible to hear, especially with road noise. I could plug in the phone or use bluetooth -neither works. If I don't have the phone involved at all, we can hear the directions through the phone but no use of the navigation screen. Returned home and upgraded my phone to IPhone 11. Still have the same problem. Dealership kept it one day and upgraded the radio software but it has not fixed the problem.They are supposed to be investigating it but it has been over a week now. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't have an iPhone, but is there a Bluetooth volume setting like on Android?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
We have been using iPhones and never have problem with volume, either with vehicle navigation (I thought the volume can be adjusted while the directions are being aired through speakers) or with iPhone bluetooth directions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have been using iPhones and never have problem with volume, either with vehicle navigation (I thought the volume can be adjusted while the directions are being aired through speakers) or with iPhone bluetooth directions.
Yes that has been the case since we bought the van but now it cannot be adjusted either way and the sound only comes out of the small speaker in the driver side door. Radio still works in all speakers and is readily adjustable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts