2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2018 Pacifica L that had been a rental, from a dealer with 3K mile/3 mos warranty. Just after the 3K miles, I had familiar noise from the driver side front. Turns out to be the lower control arm and needed replacing, tech recommended also the passenger side. (I had just recently had to do this same service on my 2004 Subaru Outback which had over 220K miles on it. I traded that car in for the Pacifica a few months later). Spoke with Chrysler re such a repair being needed at 40K miles. They said to get service done, pay for it, then submit for some possible reimbursement, nothing guaranteed, so am doing that. But I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem and at what milege. Thanks!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hmmm, I’m assuming the warranty is void due to the fact that it’s a ex rental ?.. Otherwise, the repair would be covered under the regular time and mileage factory warranty . I know there was a recall for a control arm , just off hand can’t remember the build date to and from off hand .

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hmmm, I’m assuming the warranty is void due to the fact that it’s a ex rental ?.. Otherwise, the repair would be covered under the regular time and mileage factory warranty . I know there was a recall for a control arm , just off hand can’t remember the build date to and from off hand .
The factory warranty is only 36,000 miles, which would have expired in the OP’s case. Rental use doesn’t void warranty, my van was an ex-rental and had no issues getting things fixed under the factory warranty.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I bought a used 2018 Pacifica L that had been a rental, from a dealer with 3K mile/3 mos warranty. Just after the 3K miles, I had familiar noise from the driver side front. Turns out to be the lower control arm and needed replacing, tech recommended also the passenger side. (I had just recently had to do this same service on my 2004 Subaru Outback which had over 220K miles on it. I traded that car in for the Pacifica a few months later). Spoke with Chrysler re such a repair being needed at 40K miles. They said to get service done, pay for it, then submit for some possible reimbursement, nothing guaranteed, so am doing that. But I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem and at what milege. Thanks!
The build date is on the edge of the driver's door if you want to see if your vehicle is part of the recall. You can also read the rest of the thread from this post. It looks like the parts should be available.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/553001-post15.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
SciTchr
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing