I've been dealing with a CEL problem for 5 months now and three service trips into my dealer and the Check Engine Light is back on again. In searching through the forums and topics, this particular thread sounds closest to my issue, but I'm not sure how ecknobhill's problem was solved. Anyway, here are my details in case anyone has additional ideas or suggestions.
2018 Pacifica Limited
- CEL came on around 22k mileage. Went off by itself about a week later.
- CEL came on again around 23k mileage. Drove for several weeks waiting to see if it would go off. Took it in to dealer and it was diagnosed as P0305 Misfire Cylinder #5. They said it was a bad injector so they replaced the injector and PCV valve. Length of Service = 1 WEEK.
- CEL came on again a couple days after getting the vehicle back. Waited a couple weeks and new tank of gas and CEL still on. Took it back in to dealer again at 24.5k mileage and they said it was the same code. This time they replaced the coil pack and plugs and it appeared ok again. Length of Service = 2 WEEKS.
- CEL came on again a couple days after getting the vehicle back. Waited another week or so and took it back to the dealer for the third time, now at 25.5k mileage, and with the same OBD code P0305 Cylinder #5 Misfire. This is where things went off the rails. After a couple weeks with the van, dealer said they were having trouble diagnosing. Said that they thought it was the EGR valve and were waiting on part. After another week plus of waiting, I told them I needed the van for a music event that upcoming weekend and rain was forecast so the pickup they loaned me would not cut it. Four days later than when they promised it would be done, they said it was ready so I picked it up and asked what they did and they said they couldn't find the problem so they put it back together and reset the CEL. I was not happy as they had my vehicle for 1 MONTH and made no repairs.
- CEL came on two days later and I'm back to square one. I am wondering if this could be an ECM issue and when I brought that up to the dealer, they said they could not replace that unless the code indicated it.
I'm getting really frustrated with this van which is a shame because I really loved it at first. Is anyone else experiencing similar CEL issues? Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help.