2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Pacifica Touring Last week on vacation my dash flashes service shifter and the shifter lights weren’t lit up but when we restarted it was gone. Then my back doors and hatch stopped working unless the vehicle is started and has stayed that way for a week. A few days Ago it flashed parking break unavailable while driving it then went away. The screen takes a long time to come on now. Monday it wouldn’t start And had the battery lit up but after two tries it started and has been fine except the doors. I also notice when it’s shifting sometimes it clunks and kind of acts me it lurches.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,058 Posts
2017 Pacifica Touring Last week on vacation my dash flashes service shifter and the shifter lights weren’t lit up but when we restarted it was gone. Then my back doors and hatch stopped working unless the vehicle is started and has stayed that way for a week. A few days Ago it flashed parking break unavailable while driving it then went away. The screen takes a long time to come on now. Monday it wouldn’t start And had the battery lit up but after two tries it started and has been fine except the doors. I also notice when it’s shifting sometimes it clunks and kind of acts me it lurches.
Getting battery or batteries checked would be a good place to start for most of the issues you mentioned. The lurch is probably a separate issue related to transmission.

·
Registered
217 Posts
As SciTchr said an easy check are both of your batteries as there have been a number of posts with funky electrical issues as the result of a failing battery. Both batteries are tied together when the van is off so one failing can draw down the other. Most auto parts stores will check your battery for free as they have an interest in selling you a new one if needed and are more reasonable than a dealer.

I hope its one of your batteries as that's an easy fix, let us know what you find out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts