2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a letter today asking me to call Chrysler about a Maximum Care Coverage warranty. Is this the same warranty discussed on this forum earlier? Is it better to discuss this on the phone with the folks on the letter or is there a better price available by buying through my dealer or another dealer. About what is the going price? What all is covered? Probably not things like tires, batteries, brakes, and wear items, right? From what I have been reading about batteries, the plan would be worth it if they were covered!

So far I have had ZERO problems other than squirrels eating the engine compartment up..

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Got a letter today asking me to call Chrysler about a Maximum Care Coverage warranty. Is this the same warranty discussed on this forum earlier? Is it better to discuss this on the phone with the folks on the letter or is there a better price available by buying through my dealer or another dealer. About what is the going price? What all is covered? Probably not things like tires, batteries, brakes, and wear items, right? From what I have been reading about batteries, the plan would be worth it if they were covered!

So far I have had ZERO problems other than squirrels eating the engine compartment up..
You are correct about the items you mentioned (batteries, brakes, tires, and wear items) not being covered under the Mopar Maximum Care warranty. I plan to keep my van as long as reasonable so I got the extended warranty. (I kept my 2001 Grand Caravan until just over 200,000 miles (until Pacifica came out) since I didn't like the boxy Grand Caravans.) One thing I noticed in the "fine print" was that once it became more expensive to repair the van than the value, I would be given the value amount and the "lifetime" policy would end. I don't think Lifetime warranties are offered any more.

You might be able to check the Mopar or Zeigler website for more details on the extended warranty. Here is some info. you can start with.
www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/warranty_plans/?plan_id=2015

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys I am totally new to Chrysler. I saw the ChryslerFactoryPlans.com site earlier and passed over it as some third-party knock-off warranty.

But you guys are saying the site is legitimate and is the same as the Mopar warranty a dealer would offer?

So sorry for the noobie questions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys I am totally new to Chrysler. I saw the ChryslerFactoryPlans.com site earlier and passed over it as some third-party knock-off warranty.

But you guys are saying the site is legitimate and is the same as the Mopar warranty a dealer would offer?

So sorry for the noobie questions...

I would check with www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/ 855-730-1290

I'm kinda partial :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only Cover your Chrysler Pacifica with Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection.
Buy Direct and Save https://www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks. I did call Mopar directly and they gave a good deal on a 7 year/75000 mike warranty.

They told me all the others are not official, accepted or legit, but maybe they tell everyone that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. I did call Mopar directly and they gave a good deal on a 7 year/75000 mike warranty.

They told me all the others are not official, accepted or legit, but maybe they tell everyone that.

What did they give you? Also is this in addition to the 3 years we get from chrysler?

·
Registered
23 Posts
What did they give you? Also is this in addition to the 3 years we get from chrysler?

It was $3100 for the $0 deductible 7/75k. I think I Paid too much. I called back today and they said anyDealer Mopar Warranty is legit and I can cancel the one I purchased in 60 Days no penalty.

Looks like Ziegler is $1000 less.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wanted to ask opinions on the deductible. If you are in the shop 3 times your deductible pays for the higher plan. Anyone doing the $0 deductible or the $100 deductible?

·
Registered
246 Posts
i was talking to my dealer and he told meti wait till i am closer to 3 year warranty. Is that better?

Others are more knowledgeable and experienced on this, but my understanding is that the price goes up in each 1 year/12,000 mi cycle. The dealer might have designs on being the one to sell it to you, in which case it would be in its interest for you to wait. I don't think buying at 3 years gives you 7 years from point of purchase (in case of 7 year warranty), so you don't get any added benefit from waiting. The only thing you gain is perspective on your vehicle. If it's been one of the ones that is problematic, you can better assess whether or not the warranty makes economic sense after a couple of years. But if you think no matter what you're going to want the warranty, everything I've seen written on these fora suggest that you should get it within the first year/12,000 miles. Happy to be corrected by the old pros on here, though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Others are more knowledgeable and experienced on this, but my understanding is that the price goes up in each 1 year/12,000 mi cycle. The dealer might have designs on being the one to sell it to you, in which case it would be in its interest for you to wait. I don't think buying at 3 years gives you 7 years from point of purchase (in case of 7 year warranty), so you don't get any added benefit from waiting. The only thing you gain is perspective on your vehicle. If it's been one of the ones that is problematic, you can better assess whether or not the warranty makes economic sense after a couple of years. But if you think no matter what you're going to want the warranty, everything I've seen written on these fora suggest that you should get it within the first year/12,000 miles. Happy to be corrected by the old pros on here, though.
Thanks. I will see what options we have i might as well get if that is the case.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any preferences on the $200 vs $100 vs $0 deductible?

Also any preference between Ziegler and Chrysler Warranty Direct? Chrysler Warranty Direct is coming out Cheaper at the moment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts